Yeen Know - Chapter 3

Keyshia

"I'll be back, I'm going to go pay these bills real quick." Mama said and left out the door leaving me with dad. I sighed.

Today Sheela is supposed to pick me up so I can go to Atlanta with her for the weekend. I didn't tell mom or dad that she was coming because I already know they ain't gon let me go. I laid back on the couch and sighed.

"You goin somewhere?" Dad asked looking at me from the corner of his eyes.

"Nah, why?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Keyshia, gimme some cover and some water." Dad ordered.

I got up and got him a blanket and some water. He was sleep when I came back so I just covered him up and sat the water next to him. I looked at him for a while, he's still bruised up from Sheela beating him. I sat down on the couch and my phone started vibrating. It was Sheela callin.

"Hello." I whispered.

"Keyshia? ...uh I'm outside." She questioned.

"Sheela, I-I I can't go." I stuttered. She cussed under her breath.

"Hol up, come open the door." She snapped and hunged up.

All man Sheela bouta come in and start some shit. Not this again. I opened the door and she rushed in.

"These muthafuckas just keep fuckin wit me!" She yelled as she came in.

"Shhhh." I said pointing to dad. She stopped and mean mugged him.

"What you babysitin his ass?" She asked.

"Yeah, until mama come back." I spoke. She sighed.

"Well, I guess I'll wait." She sighed.

"Where her ass go anyways?" She asked.

"To go pay some bills." I replied. She nodded.

"Mane I'm hungry, what y'all got to eat?" She asked walking into the kitchen. She opened the refrigerator and looked.

"Damn, y'all ain't got nothin?" She asked. I shook my head.

"We had just ate the last of our food yesterday. " I said. She slowly turned and looked at me.

"You mean y'all ain't ate today?" She asked.

"Well I ate lunch at school." I said.

"Damn, I know y'all was livin rough but goddamn. Why you ain't tell me?" She asked. I shrugged.

"What was I supposed to say?" I thought.

"Imma go buy some food for y'all." She sighed.

I frowned.

I must not heard her right.

"Huh?" I asked.

"I'm buyin you muthafuckas some food." She snapped.

"I can't have you over here starvin to death. And this muthafuckin house stinks, do mama not clean up? You know what ,fuck it, I'll buy house hold shit too." She snapped.

Sheela swung her Chanel bag over her shoulder and left.

I stood there in complete shock. I never would imagine Sheela being nice, buying food for mom and dad who don't give a shit about her. I guess Sheela is nice after all.

I went to my room and packed my clothes for the weekend. I'm still pissed that mom sold most of the clothes Sheela bought me but there's nothing I can do about it and I'm not telling Sheela nothing about it.