Chapter 13: Adhesive Tape

|<Really cute, but you should practice calligraphy. I had a hard time understanding that it was writing and not a scribble> Hyunjin suddenly pops next to me, followed by Yeji and Felix.|

I quickly turn my head to him, surprised

<Hyunjin, there is no need-> I try to whisper but he stops by placing a hand on my head.

He then smiles softly.
<Let me do what I should have done before>

Those words melt my heart.
We then look at the duo of girls in front of us, who are visibily judging me.

But their faces suddenly morph into innocent looking ones as they notice Hyunjin's gaze on them.

<Hyunjin-ah! Thank you for calling my graffiti cute!> The pink haired girls says, I think she is Shin Lisa.

<Do you have selective hearing?> Hyunjin asks, raising an eyebrow.

<I listen only to what interests me> She says, blinking her eyes multiple times.

She is even more annoying to when she acts mean.
Mina is also smiling like a doll.

They aren't even sparing my a glance, their eyes are locked on Hyunjin.

Are they so desperate? I really want to know what runs in their brain.

<Then I think you're going to find this interesting. Hear: Eunbi is my friend. So leave her in peace> Hyunjin says, bringing his arm around my shoulder.

I know he is doing this just to defend me, but my mind is now focused only on his arm placement.

The eyes of the girls follow Hyunjin's arm until it lands on my shoulder.
Their eyebrows lower and they look at me as if it's my fault.

<Why are you touching someone like her?> Lisa says, her face assuming a disgusted expression.

Do they see me like some sort of rat?
I'm not made of shit, if you touch me you're not going to dirt yourself.

<Because I think she is a good friend. And I'm surprised I'm even giving you an explanation for this> He says, shaking his head in disbelief.

I guess he also thinks that their behaviour is so dumb.

In the meanwhile, Yeji and Felix stay in silence behind us.
But their presence is enough to comfort me.

<Eunbi, let's leave them alone. Go finish your lunch> Hyunjin says, using his arm on my shoulder to gently pushing me towards my table.

<Okay...> I nod but as I walk away, I hear Hyunjin saying a last thing to them.

<And immediately deny what you have spread about her family situation. It's not something you should care about>.