Chapter 39: Assure

|<No, I made sure that the house was all to ourselves for today>|

<What- Why?> I stutter, not knowing what he meant.

Minho shifts his eyes from the road to me before locking them back in front of him.

<Would you have preferred Felix to stay too?> He then asks, I can't tell if he is disappointed, offended or genuine.

I tense up, trying to chose the best move.
It's not that I don't want to spend some time with him alone, I've already done it and had a lot of fun but... I don't know, I just feel like we're missing something.

Minho stays silent, waiting for my answer.

<Eunbi, do I scare you?> He finally asks, not moving his eyes away from the road.

<No! No. That's not it. It's just that...> I try to explain but I get stuck with my own words.

<Are we going a little too fast?> Minho asks again, with a quiet voice and I sigh.

I think that's it. I'm not saying I didn't want all the kisses, hugs and the other affection acts. It's just that I feel like we started in sixth gear without knowing almost anything about each other.

Now I would like us to focus on this.

<It's just that I feel like I don't know anything about you> I admit and he stays silent.

<All you had to do was tell me that first and I would have told you my biography back to my ancestors> Minho says after a few seconds.

<Minho... don't put the blame on me. I don't want to argue over this> I say, fidgeting with my fingers. I don't want to end up arguing with him.

<I'm not blaming you and we're not arguing.> Minho coldly says, focused on the street.

<Then why are you acting so grumpy?> I ask, turning my head to him.

He has his eyebrows frowned and his chin slightly up.

<I'm afraid you're already tired of me. I think that between us, it will end up like Hyunjin> Minho states, his voice a bit shaking but still cold.

My heart sinks. How could he think that of me? Does he really consider me a person capable of doing such a thing? I'm speechless and disappointed. I never expected him to say something so painful to hear.

<You obviously don't know me> I say, sulking at him and turning my focus to the view out of the window.

I hear Minho sighing and his movements become more decisive and almost annoyed.

That's not how I wanted this to turn out but he can't accuse me of something so callous and cruel.

The drive continues in silence and he finally parks in front of the sidewalk.