[Finale] Chapter 40: Always

|<I've imagined this scene in my head many times but now that it's actually happening, I've suddenly forgotten how to play the guitar>|

For the first part of this chapter, I recommend you to listen to "TASTE" by Lee Know, Felix and Hyunjin. You can find it on Spotify :)

I try to keep a straight face but I fail, laughing

<Is this a desperate attempt not to sing?> I ask, smiling and tilting my head to a side.

<Maybe but I swear in my head it looked simpler, you know, singing a song for you.> Minho says, defending himself.

<Don't worry, I'm not here to judge you> I say, trying to reassure him and he nods.

<Okay, don't laugh while I sing or I'll laugh as well> He says before start playing the first notes of the song.

I listen to him, concentrated on his figure playing the guitar. He looks extra charming while doing this.

Minho then lifts his head to meet my eyes and he softly smiles, infecting me to do it as well.

He then takes a deep breath before starting to sing.

<Make you feel my love, la-la-la
Now you come and taste me now> I widen my eyes surprised at the unexpected sound of his voice. It's so smooth and angelic and it immediately infatuated me like a siren's song.

Noticing my reaction, Minho's smile grows wider and he starts to play the guitar more confidently.

<You better watch out, you're gonna like. I whisper.>

I swear his voice sounds smooth like melted chocolate, I don't even know how to explain it. Also the lyrics... they reach me deep down.

It's even better when I know he wrote this for me. It makes me feel so special and loved.

<Kiss me or leave me
I don't want to stand in the middle. Kiss me or hate me. Look at me in this soft situation, babe>

I blushed when his gaze, which was focused on the guitar, suddenly lifts on me as he sings the word "babe" with a shy smirk.

<My eyes are gettin' too loose
Can't repeat tying up with this strain
Instead of runnin' I'm gon' mess it all up this second. I'm cherishing this moment. You make me go crazy with the chilly blue air. I'll dye this space red> Minho sings this part with a faster pace, similar to rap but still somehow delicate.

I'm enjoying the moment to the best. It's actually amazing, the whole atmosphere: the light of the setting sun illuminating us from the window and us sitting cozy on his bed.

His fingers are gently yet precisely stroking the guitar strings as he blesses my ears with his spine-tingling voice.

<So the flowers that are blooming will be purple. I can't help but fall in love with this blinding light. I'm in trouble, your heart full of lies.
Without you, I can't focus on anything.> Without noticing, I was already getting emotional.