Chapter 35: Opportunity

|<Hi> Minho waves at me, opening the car door.|

I make a surprised face, not expecting to see him like this

I immediately wave back with a smile. I step in the car, sitting next to him.

But the silence after takes me aback.
It's awkward probably because there is also Bangchan with us.

<Guys please, pretend I'm not here. I'll be focused on driving so do whatever you want> Bangchan then says, I guess he noticed the situation.

<Oh no, that's okay. We aren't going to do anyth-> I started to say but I stop when Minho intertwines his fingers with mine.

I look at him, surprised, but Minho just shrugs.

I notice Bangchan smiling at the rearview mirror before starting the engine and driving.

I get butterflies even when Minho does these little things.
If only he knew what he does to me...

<Are you still upset?> I ask Minho, who hasn't spoken much.

<No, I'm fine. I'm rather sorry if I didn't greet you properly when we left school earlier.> He says with an adorable pout.

I frown, he doesn't need to apologise over something so small.

<That's okay, don't worry.> I reassure him, tightening my hand around his.

<You know, when I'm pissed or simply stressed, I write songs. It helps me freeing my mind thinking about better things.> Minho quietly says, gently caressing my hand with his thumb.

<Really? That's unexpected. What kind of songs do you write?> I ask him, glancing at his perfect side profile.

<I used to write sad songs but recently, I'm feeling happier than usual> Minho admits, turning his head so that we make eye contact.
He radiantly smiles and infects me to do the same.

<Do you also give them a melody or do you just write down the lyrics?> I then ask, being curious about this aspect of him.

<Sometimes, when I'm satisfied with the lyrics, I hum it while playing some chords on my guitar. But nothing professional> Minho explains and I listen to him carefully.

It's nice to learn new things about him.

<I wonder if you'd ever let me listen to one of them> I mutter and he chuckles.