Chapter 24: Empty

|<Kiss you right here> Hyunjin says, pouting.|

My heart stops, then melts and then explodes

I heat up immediately, and my eyes widen.
His face is backlit while mine is lit by the sun through the window.

I gulp and I slowly nod. I didn't even think about it, that was impulsive.

Hyunjin giggles and then leans closer. His hand cupping my jaw while the other still hold my hand.

He presses the tip of his nose against my cheek and I chuckle. He is so cute, my stomach is doing cartwheels.

After some seconds that felt like eternity, I feel his soft lips gently pecking my cheek.

A wave of heat spreads through my body.
Eunbi calm down, it's just a kiss on the cheek.
But my heart disagrees.

After Hyunjin leans back a bit, I can see his bright grin.
I squeeze his hand in mine and I close the distance between us by hugging him.

This time, he hugs me back instantly, holding me tightly to him. I smile against his chest and he rests his head on top of mine.

We stay like that for a while, in silence. It was comforting.

<Let's go now. Or who knows what others will think> Hyunjin mumbles against my head. I gasp and I playfully slap his chest.

<Hyunjin!> I squeal and he bursts out laughing.

<Just kidding, let's go> Hyunjin then says, catching my slapping hand and holding it.

I roll my eyes smiling.
<Whatever.> I mutter and we head to the canteen.

Once we enter, we see that, since Minho and Hyunjin weren't there, Yeji and Felix took their seats at the table.

They notice us and signals us to approach them. Of course I ignore the glares I'm getting for holding Hyunjin's hand.

But I decided to stop giving them weight and enjoy my happiness.
Me and Hyunjin walk closer to them.

<You two can seat here, me and Seungmin have to study for the upcoming lesson.> Changbin says, standing up with Seungmin.

<Ah, thank you> Hyunjin says and we seat at their places.

As a ritual, I steal a nugget from Felix and he laughs.

Wes spend the remaining time chatting and the school day ends.

Hyunjin insisted on walking me home but I refused. We live in two opposite directions, I don't think that's the case.

I said goodbye to Felix, Yeji and Hyunjin and started heading home.

Today had started a bit off but turned out good. I wonder if Minho is doing fine, I mean, he was still a bit sick when I left him.