part 30

DR ANNABELLE

The last time I felt so much pain was when my son died. Even after all this time, it hurts to wake up breathing knowing my son died and I got to live on. The pain never left and I never wanted it to leave. I wanted to keep hurting and have myself die every single day I lived without my son.

Then Valentina took away the little light I had found in her when she lied to me. I trusted hee words and even with the power to stop myself from giving in, I believed she was worth it all. She was worth everything but my trust for her left.

If we had no trust then what was there to save?

Stabbing Doctor Tina did not help me the way I thought it would. I did not care much for her life or feel guilty because she threw caution to the wind and I stabbed the life out of her. I closed my eyes remembering how it felt sinking the object in her flesh. The scream she let out and the fear in her eyes. Maybe if she had not let out that scream u would have never slit her throat.

The worst part about my darkness was loving the feeling of things that are considered horrible. I never lost control and I would be lying if I said I killed doctor Tina without a hold of myself. I was in control of my mind and my thoughts. I decided I wanted doctor Tina dead and I did exactly that, I killed her right in front of everyone.

I left afterwards and went home. Delia was waiting for me with a tear stained face.

"Baby what's wrong?" I crouched down taking the little girl in my arms

"I thought you were not coming back. I'm sorry I was bad this morning"

I has completely forgotten that Delia lashed out at me in the morning when I refused to let her eat pizza for breakfast. It all seemed so far away now.

"You are my daughter, I'm your mommy. I will always come back for my daughter" I rubbed Delia's back as she sobbed on my white shirt.

"Always?" She pulled back to look at my face with teary eyes

"Always"

"I had a bad day mommy"

Delia was very expressive with her emotions. I taught her to be that way with me and she understood right away.

"How about hot chocolate with mommy and sleep over?" I kiss her forehead.

"Yes, please" she sniffed keeping her head in my neck crying silently

What could have happened to my princess? I made hot chocolate with Delia on my hip then took her to my bedroom. I got into bed with my work clothes on and she never let go. I wiped her tears then gave her a small cup.

"What happened princess?" I asked deeply concerned

"I.. mommy will you always love me?" Delia questioned looking In my eyes for the truth. Children were so fragile.

"Yes Delia, I will always love you forever and ever. You are stuck with me because I will never be able to stop loving you. I will never let you go"

She smiled tears falling down her beautiful eyes

"Kaira said orphans don't deserve love. She told me that her mommy and daddy took in an orphan but they don't love him anymore so he is now a servant. Mommy, I wanna be your daughter forever" fear was all over her innocent face

"Delia, are you an orphan? I don't understand because I'm still very much alive and I'm your mother" I looked at her seriously

"But mommy.."

"Am I not your mother?" I frowned

"You are my mommy" she mumbled looking at her cup

"Then when you see Kiara, I want you to stand up for yourself. Her parents are bad people if they are treating that boy badly, they are crackheads"

She giggled

"Crackheads end up six feet under, right mommy?" 

"Yes baby. I love you"

"I love you more mommy" she smiled the brightest blinding adorable smile that I had ever witnessed.

For a moment I forgot about Valentina and her lies. I forgot all my pain along with everything tomorrow held. The consequences of the dead body I left in Angelina's office. What was going to happen next was unknown to me but I still swallowed my sleeping medicine and fell asleep for the rest of the night.

Just me and my decisions against the world