30. My sweet girl

1. Be sure you've read last chapter, "29. I don't know,"

2. Go read Orion and Malik link up on cooterslam page, in their book "forgotten fables," titled: "county affair,"

 Go read Orion and Malik link up on cooterslam page, in their book "forgotten fables," titled: "county affair,"

April 17, 2017

••••••

Nala yawned as she finished up her last bridesmaids natural beat set with a little glam, she'd already touched up their hair and did their nails her first day in Chicago—she even convinced Zuri to help her today with pinned up curls and and re-installing two wigs.

Two of the bridesmaids had decided to get super drunk last night and fought at a bar.

Those same two nearly wanted to fight Zuri because they' overheard her call them ghetto and thought they'd press her about it as if she wasn't going to repeat what she had said about them, she was irritated that they'd do all of that on their friends big weekend—they were giving mean girl and main attraction when it shouldn't have been that way. She voiced that, and they took it as disrespect until Zuri really got disrespectful and then they claimed her to be in the wrong.

As Nala packed her things she sighed at the awkward silence between her and Zuri, "now that they're gone, let me tell you something Kanala—don't you ever side with the next bitch about me. I get that my mouth is crazy at times and I could mind my own business about shit that has nothing to do with me, you were right but ain't nobody tell them bitches to try and check me—and for you to try and little girl me in front of all them hoes is crazy, you starting to annoy me to the point I don't want to be around your ass,"

Nala sighed, "I wasn't siding with them Zuri, at the end of the day I know you and when you're about to swing. I came here to do a job and professionalism is key to me. Yes, they were ghetto but why go insert yourself into their situation unprovoked? I shouldn't have got irritated and yelled at you in front of them so for that I am truly sorry, and there's no but, I shouldn't have done that. You're right,"

Zuri rolled her eyes, "I'm sorry too—I'm working on it, and thank you for letting me get that off my chest,"

"Would you like to tackle the elephant in the room? I miss you so bad pumpkin' and we haven't been the same since my lash out. We're not even sharing rooms and I get why," she played with her fingers, "I just..miss you really bad, you're justified in being mad so I'm not trying to pressure you but I would really like if I could have a chance and really apologize to you without trying to justify my actions,"

Silence fell over the two for a while until Nala watched Zuri plop down on the swivel chair that rested in the corner of the room, she held her arms open for her causing Nala to trip over her own two feet to get to her and straddle her lap. They wrapped their arms around each other tightly, "why are you crying sunshine?" Zuri chuckled.