Chapter 1.

It had been about two years since Wren arrived at the Glade. Wren had gotten used to it all, the boys' patters, their behaviour, and their skills in both combat and survival (even picking up a few things from them). She became a runner, one of the few jobs that were given out, and became quite close with Minho.

Wren brushed her red hair out of her face and sighed heavily. She had gotten back to the Glade later than she usually did, but that was okay. The sirens went off and she immediately knew that the new Greenie was here.

She headed to the box, a sense of familiarity washing over her, just like every time she walked past it. All the boys were gathering around to see the new Greenie, so Wren joined them.

Once the doors were open, she hopped down and knelt beside the new boy in the box. Last month, Gally had gone in, so now it was Wren's turn.

"Rise and shine, Greenie." She smirked, tapping his chest. Something felt so oddly familiar about the boy but she couldn't tell what it was, so she shrugged it off.

Wren helped him out of the box and pushed him to the floor, one hand moved to her hip while her other hand brushed over the dagger she had strapped to her thigh. The crowd laughed at the Greenie, as usual, and Wren had to glare at them so they would shut up.

"Right, I know this will all be confusing, but-." Wren didn't have time to finish when she looked over and saw the Greenie sprinting away from the group.

"Should I go after him or let him fly?" Wren asked Gally

Gally chuckled, "Let's watch."

"Ay! We've got a runner!" A boy yelled

The Greenie couldn't get far before tripping over himself and falling to the ground.

"Go help him." Newt sighed

"Fine." Wren sighed and began to walk over to the Greenie, earning a look from Newt about her attitude.

All the boys were laughing at the Greenie until Wren helped him off the floor.

"Can I speak without you running of?" Wren asked with a sigh and slight chuckle

"Who are you? Where am I?" The Greenie asked, "Why don't I remember anything?"

"I'm Wren, you're in the Glade, and you don't remember anything because your memories were erased." Wren answered each question carefully so he would listen to her. The last Greenie who didn't listen to her ended up running straight into the maze, Wren found his body the next day.

"What now?" Gally walked over, "Lock up?"

"Yeah." Wren crossed her arms over her chest, shrugging, "He's frightened though, so don't be too harsh with him."

But before Wren knew it, Gally was shoving the Greenie to another part of the Glade. Newt walked over and put a hand on Wren's shoulder.

"Every time." Wren sighed

Newt shrugged, "Eh, Alby will deal with him for now."

Wren nodded, "I'm gonna go see Fry, see if he needs help with food for tonight."

"Yeah, have fun." Newt chuckled

Wren nodded, walking off. She didn't even make it to Frypan's before seeing the Greenie walking over to the maze entrance, or the only open entrance. So she sighed and ran after him. Clearly, Gally had the same idea, just more violent. Gally was closer and managed to push the Greenie to the floor, stopping him from getting through the door.

"Woah! Back up, back up!" Wren yelled, and boys began to walk over to see what the fuss was about

"Greenie here was planning on going into the maze." Gally told her

Always runningOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara