Chapter 18.

Jorge walked back into the room Wren was in a little while after Brenda had left and he began to search over the tables.

"Thank you." Wren mumbled

"Excuse me?" Jorge looked over at her

Wren indicated to her leg, which now had fresh bandages.

"Of course." Jorge nodded with a mumble, turning back to what he was doing. He snapped off a part of a machine and picked up some things, packing them up.

"Going somewhere?" Brenda asked, now standing in the room.

"We both are." Jorge replied, "Pack what you need. Do it quietly."

"What?" Wren got herself to stand.

"Where exactly are we going?" Brenda asked as Jorge continued to pack.

"It's real, Bren." Jorge looked at her, then at Wren for a moment. "These kids are our ticket."

"What are you talking about?" Wren said, louder.

"The Right Arm can't turn us away with you kids." Jorge told her, continuing to walk around to pack.

"So we're just leverage?" Wren asked as Jorge threw her notebook back over to her. She opened it and looked through to make sure no pages were gone.

"You're just gonna give it all up?" Brenda asked Jorge. "Everything you've built?"

"There's no future here." Jorge replied, "What happens when another gang finds this place. And I loose control, and I can't protect you."

"I don't need you to protect me." Brenda told him

Wren looked around while the two were 'arguing' and found a gun on a table. She picked it up and glanced back over at them.

"What happens if you get the flare?" Jorge asked Brenda as he put on his coat. "What am I supposed to do then?"

"I can help with that." Wren mumbled, and they both turned her way. "I know-."

A helicopter flew above the warehouse, catching everyone's attention.

"Good Evening." Wren recognised the annoying voice to be Janson's through a megaphone. "The is the World Catastrophe Killzone Department. We have your compound completely surrounded. If you find yourselves, through not fault of your own, in possession of WCKED property."

"Barkley." Jorge muttered

"Return them to us unharmed and we'll consider this a simple misunderstanding." Janson confirmed

"No.." Wren took a step away from the window. She turned to Brenda and Jorge. "Don't send us back."

"Or you can resist and every last one of you will die." Janson continued, "It won't be long before the Flare wipes out the rest of us. The hope of a cure lies in your hands. The choice is yours."

"Do you know how to use that?" Jorge pointed to the gun Wren was holding.

"Yes." She nodded, tightening her grip on it.

"Good. Go find your friends, your leg should be somewhat better by now." Jorge told her

"What are you gonna do?" She asked

"I'm gonna play 'em my favourite song." Jorge replied

"And what's that gonna do? Explode the place or something?" She chuckled

"Exactly." He nodded

Wren smiled, nodded and began to walk towards the exit of the room. Before Wren left, she hugged him. She snuck across the banisters high up and saw many WCKED soldiers searching the place.

Janson looked down from the helicopter and then turned around to a soldier sitting down.

"Find her, now." Janson muttered, then turned back to the warehouse.

The soldier nodded and clicked a button the device he was holding. A red dot appeared on the device.

Wren moved to the ground floor and looked around. A shot of electricity shot through the back of her left forearm this time, but it didn't instantly go away this time like in her neck.

Minho glanced around the corner to see if anyone was there. Everyone stood behind him.

"Wren." Everyone heard Janson as he spoke into the megaphone. "You won't know what's happening to you now. Leave the building, unarmed, and I can stop it."

"What does he mean by that?" Frypan asked the others

"I'm not sure." Newt mumbled

Some WCKED soldiers moved past boxes, holding their guns tightly.

"Sir, she's not here." One of them spoke into a device on his wrist

"Well find her!" Janson said from the other line

Another knelt down besides a beeping object and looked at it. It was tiny, no bigger than a pinky finger, and had a red light on it that was flashing on and off, and it was covered with blood.

"She took it out." The first one spoke back into the device

"How?!" Janson yelled through. "Look around! Find her!"

Wren looked down from the pole she was balancing on, only holding on with her right hand. She glanced down at her left arm, blood dripping down from her forearm from a large cut. Most of the pain had stopped, but she now had to deal with the now pain of the cut.

The WCKED soldiers soon walked away to continue looking for her so Wren jumped down to continue trying to find the others. Wren turned a corner and immediately ran into them. From the fright, she pointed the gun at them.

"You scared me!" She hissed, lowering the gun

Newt went to say something, but just hugged her tightly instead.

"We thought something happened to you." Thomas sighed, "You screamed."

"My leg hurt." Wren shrugged

That's when they noticed the blood dripping from Wren's forearm, down her fingers, and onto the floor.

"What happened to you?" Newt asked, holding her arm. "Who did this to you?"

"Newt." Wren sighed

"Who did this?" Newt asked again

"I did." She raised her voice a bit. "I needed to."

Newt looked back at the others, then back to Wren.

"Now, can we please get out of here?" She asked