Chapter 13.

Wren made it out the other side of the vent and climbed out, careful to make sure no guards spotted her. She made it into the warehouse section and pulled out her keycard, hoping it hadn't been shut down yet. Then, Aris and Winston ran over to her.

"Wren, where's the others?" Aris asked

"Are they okay?" Winston asked

"I hope." Wren sighed, but it didn't seem very helpful for the stress. She ran over to a door and swiped her keycard, but it didn't unlock. "Shit- They've deactivated it." She muttered

"It's a good thing we found this one then." Aris held up another keycard, smiling at her. Once Wren smiled back, he tried the keycard. The door opened and Minho, Frypan, Teresa, Newt, and another boy all ran through, but Thomas was shooting at Janson and the guards who gained up on them.

"Thomas! Hurry!" Wren yelled over to Thomas

Janson looked at her then back at Thomas, who was now running over to the door. "Shut the main vault door. Shut the main vault door!" Janson yelled to a device on his wrist, and the door began to close.

Thomas managed to slide underneath the door just before it closed down. Wren helped him stand and they all began to run to the main exit. She ran ahead of everyone, leading the way to the exit.

Thomas opened the main door and they ran out into the desert, going over a hill to escape. "Come on, go. We'll loose them in the storm." He told everyone.

Wren turned to look back and saw one of the soldiers fire his gun. It wasn't the ones on the electric side, it was like the one Wren had, with actual bullets. Everything seemed to slow down for Wren as the bullet flew towards her and hit her side.

She expected to cry out and be in a lot of pain, but that wasn't the case. That's when Wren looked down at where the bullet hit her and she realised what actually happened, so she kept running with the others. Teresa ran down a hill of sand to an abandoned building.

"Teresa, hang on! Stay together!" Thomas ran after her

"I think we lost them!" Minho yelled over the sound of the snowstorm

"Teresa! Where are you going?!" Wren ran after Teresa and into the abandoned building, soon followed by everyone else.

"Get inside!" Thomas yelled

Everyone got hold of a torch and turned them on to look around.

"We gotta go." Thomas said after catching his breath

"No. Thomas, stop!" Teresa raised her voice and everyone looked at her, "Tell me what's going on."

"It's WCKED." Thomas told her, "It's WCKED. They lied to us. We never escaped. And Wren..." Thomas turned to look at Wren, "...She knew."

"We should look around for some supplies. Everyone split up." Wren told them all, turning away.

"We'll go in groups." Newt decided

"I'll go look around. You explain everything." Wren looked over at Aris and Thomas

"Okay." Aris nodded

Wren nodded and walked off to look around the building. She found a small room and she walked inside. It was like a record player shop.

Wren picked up a record and looked for some wires. Once she found some, she connected them all together and attached them to the record. A crow flew into the room, landing beside Wren.

"Hello.." Wren mumbled, looking at the crow

The crow squawked at her or something like that before grabbing the record and flying off with it.

"Hey!" Wren yelled at the bird. She went to grab the record back but hit her side on a table. Wren looked down at her side, and saw blood on her doctor's coat. It was positioned where Wren had been 'shot'.

Newt walked into the room and looked over at her. "You okay?" He asked

"Yeah, I'm fine." She rubbed the corner of her eye

He looked her up and down and noticed the blood on the doctor's coat. "Wren.."

"Yeah?" She looked at him

"You're bleeding." Newt walked over to her

"No, I'm not." She shook her head

"Wren. Sit down." He said

"Newt."

"Wren. Sit." He told her

She huffed and sat down on a table. Newt stood in front of her and moved her doctor's coat away from her side. He put his hand on her waist to try and at least find the wound.

"Newt, I'm fine." Wren sighed

"No, you're not. You're bleeding." He shook his head, his hand moving under her shirt to find the wound

Wren winced slightly when his hand moved to where the pain was. But it wasn't a wound, per say. It was a bruise.

"How.." Newt mumbled

"I told you. I'm not bleeding." She said softly, her hand moving to hold his in place on her waist.

"But the blood." He looked at her

She reached into her doctor's coat and pulled out a broken flask that used to be filled with Thomas' blood. "It's not my blood." She explained

"You scared me, you dumb shank." Newt hugged her

"Sorry." She mumbled, hugging him back

"Newt! I think I found something!" Frypan yelled from outside the room

Newt glanced to the door he had come from, then back at Wren as she stood up from the table.

"We're gonna get moving in the morning so you should grab what you can." Newt told her, turning away

"Newt.." She stepped closer to him

One Newt turned around, she kissed him.