03. {cemetery party}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"it's bad, isn't it? like irreversible bad?" amerie asked them.

darren had called their two girl friends to meet them at one of the rooftops near their diner because apparently, they were planning on giving amerie waida a haircut. of course, daisy rushed over at the mention of her name. so now the girl was sitting in a shopping trolley, her long-time crush on the other side.

"nah, i shaved off both my eyebrows and they grew back." darren reassured her. "yeah, way less shit."

"more like heaps less shit, thanks." amerie smiled at the mirror.

"yeah, you look beautiful." daisy even couldn't help herself.

quinni and darren shared a look, uneasy about amerie's reply. when it seemed like the girl wasn't going to say anything, darren quickly spoke up. "you'll have to forgive her, she just talks—"

"no, no." amerie shook her head, glancing up at the girl. "thank you, i appreciate it."

daisy blushed.

"why did harper punch you in the face?" quinni asked out of the blue.

"i don't really know."

"well, you must have done something." darren told her.

"we went to a music festival last week. and after that, she just went ghost." amerie explained to them.

"did you get into a fight?"

"yeah, but i can't remember what it was about. we always fight." amerie shrugged.

"when's harper's birthday?"

"november twenty first." amerie said.

"uh-huh. scorpio." darren sighed, "unsubscribe."

"what's yours?" quinni asked the girl.

"i'm a virgo."

"mmm. i'm an aquarius. quinni's a libra. daisy—" darren started.

"are we compatible?" amerie cut them off.

"not all queer people are astrology experts." darren spoke with a serious face, placing a gummy from their pick and mix in daisy's mouth.

"oh. sorry." amerie frowned.

"i'm kidding, i'm kidding. we are." darren smiled. "but you're most compatible with a taurus or a capricorn."

"well, what are you?" amerie asked the third member of their trio.

"a taurus." the girl replied, glaring daggers into darren, who knew exactly what they were doing.

"perfect!" amerie grinned, placing a hand on her knee. "we're most compatible."