04. {noodles = nudes}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"i think i'm just going to head to ant's house." phoebe told him, "but thank you for looking out for me. i will see you tomorrow?"

the two had been wandering the streets after escaping the cemetery. they weren't having any important conversations, malakai just willingly listening to her drone on about anything and everything. he didn't mind, he actually quite liked the sound of her voice.

malakai nodded, trying to ignore the pit he felt in his stomach. this wasn't good. he had known the girl for less than 48 hours and he was already bothered that she was staying with another guy. a guy who he assumed was her boyfriend. "yeah, see you tomorrow."

phoebe waved at him, turning on her heel and staggering away. it definitely wasn't the best idea to wear her newly purchased black, mary jane, doc martens. especially since they hadn't been broken into yet. so malakai watched as she limped off, thinking it was due to her drunkness.

just as malakai was about to offer her some help, he watched as she knocked on the door of a house. after a few seconds, the door swung open and a woman pulled her in. the boy took that as his cue to walk away.

"and where have you been?" courtney vaughn immediately asked the young girl, her hands on her hips. "have you been drinking?"

courtney was much more lenient with phoebe than she was with anthony. not because the girl wasn't her biological child, but because she knew that the girl was dealing with a lot.

"court, you don't even know how much i've been drinking." phoebe laughed.

"hey, hey." courtney sighed. "you know it's not right to drink when you're underage? maybe you and anthony should start going out less. especially now because of that map."

"the map is based on lies." phoebe grumbled.

"okay, go up to your room and i'll bring you some water." courtney reassured her. "and where is anthony?!"

"i'm not too sure." phoebe shrugged. even though she had her own bedroom in the house, she still spent most of her time in ant's room. the girl perched on his bed that was situated in the middle of the room. bee stared at the ceiling, finding herself counting sheep as she drifting off to her own fantasy land.

bee always had a vivid imagination and she would make up scenarios before she went to sleep and this one was centred around the new boy in school.

the girl quickly fell asleep, so quick that she hadn't heard the yelling or the door slamming that came with anthony's arrival. the boy peeked in the room to see her on top of his blanket with her clothes, makeup and shoes still on. he let out a groan before stalking into her room and grabbing a few things.