13. {the slay ball}

"i saw you dancing in a crowded room, you look so happy when i'm not with you

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"i saw you dancing in a crowded room, you look so happy when i'm not with you." - save your tears, the weeknd

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"oi, malakai try this on!" daisy exclaimed, holding a pink bucket hat in her hands.

the five were searching through darren's closet, trying to find something for malakai and cash to wear to the ball. as darren and daisy looked for accessories to make malakai look more flamboyant, amerie was assisting quinni in clipping on her overshirt.

so bee gently pulled cash over to the door, "what happened?" she reached over and caressed his bruised eye with her thumb.

cash cleared his throat. "just chook again."

unbeknownst to them, darren had glanced over and was now observing their interactions. they wondered what could've occurred for the two to have a hidden bond like this.

"why?" bee questioned, tilting her head to the side with concern and crossing her arms.

"mitzy put me in charge of this stupid bag of stolen goods and ironically, someone stole it from where we hid it." cash rambled. he saw the despair in her face and his eyes grew wide. "hey, i'm so sorry for bringing him up."

"no, it's fine." bee shook her head. "it's over now. i don't care about what he does."

"you sure?"

"yeah." bee nodded, absolutely lying. "let's go find something to cover your eye."

they went back over to everyone else, pouring shots for one another and jumping around together. phoebe began to clap and cheer as amerie and malakai grabbed each other's hands and performed some strange dance together.

"yessss!"

once they had finished getting ready they all took the little, white pill cash had brought for them, excluding quinni. before they left, she asked them for a picture on her digital camera and then the seven made their way out of darren's house.

"this jinger's not going to give me pink eye, is it?" cash asked anxiously, but no one replied.

"did i mention how incredible you look?" malakai asked as they stepped out of the house, his eyes glancing up and down her body.

the girl had changed into a hot pink cropped cami that was littered with silver sequins. in her hair was a matching coloured scrunchie and some silver clips. she wore a skirt that was so short, that if she made one wrong move it would be dangerous. so she decided to throw a pair of spandex shorts underneath to protect herself.

the second the compliment left his mouth, he grabbed her hands to stop them from covering her face. "nice try."

bee shook her head with a wide smile on her face.