15. {porn is unrealistic}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"sorry." amerie scoffed. "i just have feelings about darren dating the most probbo person in our school."

"the most probbo person in school?" daisy questioned, leaning over the wall behind her friends. "why are we talking about mr spencer white?"

"oh, hey daisy." quinni greeted her friend.

amerie watched as daisy moved around the wall and sat beside darren. she wore a cheery look on her face and amerie knew she was serious when she said they should forget anything happened and act normal at school. the girl cleared her throat. "no. uh, we're talking about cash."

"oh, okay, he's not probbo. sure, he deals drugs, but i mean who doesn't?" darren questioned.

"i mean... i don't. but i'm with you, cash is actually a really sweet guy." daisy said to them. "and i'm happy for../ whatever you guys have got going on."

"see, i like to mind my own business—"

"no you don't." the girls spoke in unison, cutting them off.

"oh, okay." darren scoffed. "anyways, has something happened between you, bee and cash? or am i reading into things too much?"

the front door of the laine's home flew open again and the girls clung onto each other, afraid that mitchell riley had already returned so quickly. but it was just douglas piggot and he was sweating like a pig.

"no." daisy immediately rose from the couch in phoebe's defence, not wanting to have to deal with another eshay. "no, you need to get out!"

"daisy—daisy, listen to me." cash said in between laboured breaths. "yes, i knew he was going to come here. but i didn't know what he would come for. i—i ran all the way here." he saw the girl sobbing on the couch and his heart broke. "what—what happened?"

daisy blinked herself back into reality, but amerie had already noticed how emotionally distant she was for a second. the girl shook her head. "nothing in particular." she lied. "i mean we've all known each other for years- like we've been going to the same school."

"hmm... i don't believe you." darren hummed. "but i'll let you get away with it for now."

daisy nervously laughed, twirling her long dark hair. and that's how darren could tell she was hiding something— the three had been friends since the first day of year eight, and they knew her all too well. "come on, it's nearly time for assembly."