05. {stop performative lesbianism}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"so... could i have a slap band, please?" bee asked, breaking the silence between the three of them.

her, spider and malakai were spending their free period in the school library studying. well, bee and malakai were studying, spider had his feet on the desk as he scrolled through his phone.

spider looked up at her in surprise. "you don't need one to get in."

"but you've got one." bee pointed to his wrist.

"i mean... you said you didn't like the colour, it clashes with your aura." spider reminded her, making malakai laugh to himself.

"i didn't say that." bee raised her eyebrow.

"no." he thought for a second. "you said you 'didn't like the texture of it' on your wrist." spider remembered correctly. "you physically gagged when you first put it on."

bee sighed, he had caught her in her lie. "fine. it's for daisy."

"dick hating daisy." spider scoffed. he was not a fan of the girl simply because they both admired amerie.

"don't."

"whatever. you don't have to lie to me to get one." spider grumbled, reaching into his bag and pulling one out. as a reflex, he was about to slap it on her wrist, but remembered and just tossed it onto the table. "twenty bucks please."

bee dramatically sighed. "ant would've sold it to me for free."

"that's because ant loves you. i do not." spider said, packing up all his things as he got up. malakai's head shot up in surprise at his statement. that confirmed that they were together. "twenty bucks by last period."

he walked away from them, leaving the two on the table.

"i could pay if—" malakai started.

phoebe shook her head. "he won't actually make me pay. but thank you, anyway." she glanced down at her work and sighed. "you wouldn't want to study together after hours, would you? who knew history could be so hard?"

"and so boring." malakai added, glad they were in the same class. "and yeah, sure. my place or yours?" he offered, almost too eagerly.

the girl frowned. "i was thinking the public library but—"

"oh! yeah, no that's cool too." malakai nodded. "that's cool."