14. {malakai, not mitchell}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"yo, bee missed darren's performance." daisy frowned as the performer caught up with an old friend. "where'd she go?"

"i have no idea." malakai shrugged. "could you check the dunny!?"

"yeah, course!" daisy yelled back. she quickly forced her way to the back of the hall, where the washrooms were located. "bee!" daisy yelled, slamming her hands on the locked cubicles.

"shut the fuck up!"

daisy ignored them. "phoebe are you in here?" there was no response. and just as daisy was ready to leave, a cubicle door creaked open. daisy stepped over to it and phoebe let her inside.

the girl was sitting on the closed toilet seat, her knees brought to her chest. daisy slightly sobered up just at the sight of phoebe's vulnerability. she crouched down and rested her hands on the girl's knees.

"what happened?"

"harper thinks mitchell might be here." phoebe whispered.

"what?" daisy asked.

"said she saw one of his friends." bee elaborated.

"how does she—"

"that's what i asked." bee cut her off. "but i'm so out of it, i have no idea what she said."

bee was growing anxious, fast. and daisy knew exactly what to do. "let's elp the situation."

"okay." phoebe nodded.

"e—empirical, where is the proof? well the evidence comes from harper seeing one of his mates, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he himself is here." daisy told her. "l—logical. does it make sense that he would be here? no, he was homophobic as fuck. there's no way he'd step foot in a 'slay ball'."

"yeah, you're right." phoebe agreed, feeling her heart rate slowly settling.

"and finally p—pragmatic. how is believing he's here going to help you? it's not. we're at fucking mardi gras, bee. i don't want to see you crying in the toilets, okay? you need to get out there and have the time of your life with your new boy." daisy told her. "i'll be stuck onto you like glue from now on. so if mitzy is here? he's not getting anywhere near you."

"okay."

"not on my watch." daisy spoke softly. "not again." she put her hand out and assisted bee onto her feet.