10. {the beach by the neighbourhood}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

the two were lying on the bed beside one another, gazing up at the ceiling. it was uneasy again. everything was seemingly wonderful until malakai had suggested going the whole way and having sex. phoebe froze, moved from her position on his chest and just laid down.

malakai was overthinking it all. he wondered if he had done something wrong or said something wrong or had just simply turned her off. he was worried that he had moved too fast with the girl and she was now regretting coming over.

phoebe turned to the side to face and look at him. she gave him a warm smile, letting him know everything was okay. malakai sighed in relief at that, moving onto his side as well.

"have i—" "it's not you—"

"you go first." they both spoke in unison.

"no, you—"

phoebe placed her hand on his mouth, stopping him from speaking. "i'll go first." she spoke. "i hope you don't think you've done anything wrong. it's not you, it's me."

malakai began to mumble out something and phoebe was confused before remembering she still had her hand on his mouth. she quickly drew back to reveal his smile.

"it's not you, it's me." he repeated. "sounds like you're breaking up with me."

"oh piss off." she nudged his bare shoulder.

"so do you reckon you're just not into boys?" malakai asked her, genuinely curious.

"what? i am into boys and i'm into you!" phoebe told him. "i'm just not into... that."

"ah." he nodded slowly before realising what she said. "wait, you're into me?"

"no, i'm just trying to defend my point—"

"so you're not into me?"

"malakai!" bee laughed. "please."

"i'm only messing." he chuckled to himself. "we don't have to if you don't want to. i shouldn't have brought it up... there's no reason we can't take it slow."

"yeah. that sounds good." bee nodded. "it's just... sex isn't really appealing to me anymore."

"yeah, that's fair." malakai accepted. "you reckon there's a reason you don't want to?"

"you ever do something so much you get bored of it?" phoebe hummed.

malakai's jaw fell open and bee burst out into laughter. "i'm only messing." she mocked his previous words.

"aren't you just a comedian."

"i like to assume so." bee nodded.

malakai didn't say anything back to her. he just stared at her, his eyes darting around her face and taking in all of her features. if someone asked him to describe her beauty, malakai probably wouldn't be able to answer. she was enthralling. her beauty was indescribable.