feelings.

it has been a week or more since virat has heard from rohit. Rohit hasn't been replying to any of virat's texts or calls or has made any appearance at the office. Virat was getting tensed. Really tensed for that.
.
.
At office.
"Viraaaaat bhaiii" shouted shubhman for the twentieth time but virat was lost in his own dreamland of worries.
"Yes shubh I'm listening"
"kuch hua hai kya" asked shubhman visibly worried for his dearest virat bhai
"no kiddo, am just tired" said virat giving a weak smile.
"jhut na bolo aap,tell me what's going on? Fight hua kya aapke or rohit bhai ke beech? Is that the reason he isn't coming to work these days" asked shubhman
"kiddo.." virat was going to complete his sentence when rohit walked in with a serious looking face.
"lets go virat,i have some work with you" said rohit dragging him towards the entrance without waiting for any reply from the younger one. He took him towards the terrace, where no one would disturb them, and they would have full privacy.
Rohit made virat sit on his lap, and he himself onto the chair facing the beautiful skyline in-front of em. Rohit took virat's hands with his, intertwining it.
"ro."
"shh vi, let me finish first please"
"Virat Kohli, i know you must have lots of questions about my disappearance which i will answer but first let me apologise for shouting at you over the dinner, i just" rohit broke down.
Virat carefully caressed his back trying to calm him down. Virat was getting worried.
"I am just like my father, ain't I?"
"noo, you're not baby" said virat softly.
"please forgive me for hurting you virat"
"ofcourse i do, you're my everything" said virat with a light smile.
"about my disappearance, i had some business with the russian mafias so i had to fly to Russia on urgency basis"
"oh, well you know maybe give me a heads up when you have to go away"
"virat" said rohit knowing he was pulling his leg.
"well, its not normal that someone's boyfriend is in the mafia you know"
"i know, vi" said virat bringing his face near to virat's . Virat's breath hitched, he doesn't know why he gets so nervous about him, knowing its pretend,right?
"You know virat, my heart melts every time i talk about you" rohit kissed virat.
"i love you virat, you complete me"
Virat doesn't replies, but rohit understands.
"its okay virat, you don't have to reply right now, i will wait for you"
"why?" Said virat, his voice almost breaking.
"Because,the hope of you is better than the reality of anyone else in this world virat, you're my morning,afternoon and night"
"sir, you're requested to be down there." Said a bodyguard.
"lets go" said rohit and they went downstairs.
timeskip, at virat's apartment.
Virat while seeing in his hand, rohit's picture thought In rohit's fiery eyes, he saw not just an adversary, but a soul that ignited a spark within his own. The clash of their passions melted into a silent understanding, as virat's heart whispered the truth he dared not admit: he was in love with his enemy. He remembered how easily he had said he would not fall in love with rohit, and now he was in love?
"No no no, virat you cannot be in love with him, no you cannot" virat said while clutching his head. He took a deep breath
"okay virat calm down, do not forget his family killed yours, his family took everything from you,you cannot be in love. YOU CANNOT AFFORD THAT RIGHT NOW" Said virat exclaiming while looking onto his own reflection in his mirror, dismissing his own feelings just like that.
.
.
.
.
Virat needed someone or something to distract himself from such bullshit of feelings, so he decided to work onto his plan, until he got a call from a unknown number.
"hello?"
"is this virat kohli?"
"yes this is him, who are you?"
"if you want to know what happened to you're parents come to XYZ cafe after exact 10 days from now, you will get all the information needed" and he cut the call.
"benstokes what?"
"beeeep" the line was dead.
" this better be not a prank call" thought virat.
.
.
.
At almost 4AM, virat's apartment's bell rang.
"yaar, why is everyone behind my sleep" virat cursed as he hopped down the bed and went towards the door. On opening it, he found a drunk,intoxicated Rohit with a helpless looking man, probably his bodyguard Viktor.
"hello, you're virat right?"
"yes"
he quickly handed over rohit towards him and said, "Well, hello nice to meet you am Viktor, boss's right hand and best friend. He said he wanted to go towards your house so i bought him" said Viktor and went away
"ah" was all that came out
"Vi, my darling is that you" said rohit stumbling towards the sofa.
"yes rohit, now how about we sleep"
"Booo, no you're not fun"
"rohit chalna, lets sleep"
"nooo boo boo"
"rohit" said virat with a stern voice, and rohit broke down.
"its hurting vi" said rohit crying
"oye, kya hua" said virat taken aback at such a sudden breakdown.
"I don't wanna live anymore"
"darling, come here" said virat opening his arms. In Virat's arms, he discovered a sanctuary where battles ceased and hearts entwined, bound by a love as tumultuous as the game they played.
"promise me you wouldn't leave me" said rohit almost like of a whisper
"ro,I"
"promise me virat please" said rohit
"I Promise" and rohit passed out.
"I love you rohit, i will always, but I cannot have you" said virat and kissed him on his forehead and quickly brought a blanket, cuddled with him and slept smiling.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A bit of a short update but hehe. idk how it turned out so do tell me that in comments and well vote and comment
much love<3
Alisha🩷