PokéProm (Superstarshipping)

A fluffy Superstarshipping oneshot where Penny is encouraged by Juliana and Florian to ask out Nemona to the PokéProm being held at Naranja Academy, but is still too nervous to dance with her.

Headcanons for this chapter:

- Penny is transgender (specifically male to female)

- Juliana and Florian are twins

-----

Penny's POV:

I woke up and stretched, really wanting to go straight back to sleep. I had spent hours last night watching an Iono Zone stream and completely lost track of time, I didn't end up going to sleep until the middle of the night.

I put on my favourite hoodie, my translucent skirt, leggings, and everything else before packing my Eevee bag and heading off to school. Once I got there, I was greeted by Juliana, Florian, Argentina and Nemona...

I love Nemona so much and when I see her, I feel like there are Butterfree flapping around in my stomach and my face goes red all over.

Once she noticed me, she smiled and then ran over to me. She clasped my hands together with her and then beamed at me with her beautiful orange eyes.

I was really hoping she was about to confess her feelings and tell me she like me back, but what she said next was far from it:

"Hey Penny, would you like a battle?" Nemona asked.

I had gotten my hopes up for nothing and felt really dissapointed in myself.

"No thanks..." I sighed.

"Okay!" She replied, "Maybe another time?"

"Sure!" I muttered.

She smiled and then ran back to our friend group. As I walked up to them, Nemona pulled Arven away for a battle, leaving me with the twins.

"Why didn't you want to battle with her?" Florian asked.

"I'm just not really in the mood..." I answered.

"Is it because you were expecting her to ask you out?" Juliana questioned.

"What?" I responded, my face heating up.

"Come on, it's sooooo obvious you like her!" The brown haired girl taunted, a smug smile forming on her face.

"It is?" Florian asked, unlike his sister, he had a puzzled expression on his.

"Come on Flo, I could see it from a mile away!" His sister retorted.

The two started arguing and I was starting to feel really overwhelmed by it all. I turned around and then spotted Nemona and Arven battling on the field nearby. As soon as I saw her black and green hair flow in the breeze, I felt my heart skip a beat.

When I turned back around, the twins had already walked off behind me so I entered the building and tried to catch up with them. I actually couldn't find them so I sighed and headed to my locker.

As I was grabbing some books from my locker which had stickers of the transgender flag, rainbows and eeveelutions on it, I then spotted Juliana was now stood beside me. I stood up and then looked at her with a puzzled expression.

"Who are you asking to the PokéProm?" She asked.

"What's a PokéProm?" I asked.

The girl facepalmed herself and then continued:

"The PokéProm is a ball held each year for couples and the winners of the dance competition become PokéProm royalty!" Juliana explained.

"Oh wow, I'm rarely in school so I had no idea!" I responded.