Let It Go (Aureliashipping)

This is an angsty Aureliashipping oneshot where Ash is about to go back to Kanto after becoming champion the next day, but before that he decides to walk along the beach with Lillie as a way to say goodbye as she would be venturing off to find her father and he wouldn't see her again. Both of them love each other but are afraid to say how they feel as they might never see each other again.

Thank you @rjwinner12 for the request!!!

-----

Lillie's POV:

I felt really upset that today was the last day I had been the last day I would step into school with my friends beside me for a while as I would be searching for my father elsewhere the next day. Especially since I thought it would be the last time I would ever see Ash...

But all of that changed when I had been writing in my diary in my bedroom and heard a knock on the door downstairs. At first, I just thought it was my mother coming home from work, but then I heard Hobbes calling my name,

"Miss Lillie, master Ash would like to see you!" He had said.

It immediately felt a burst of joy when I heard Ash waiting outside, so I jumped out of my chair and ran down the stairs. As I was doing so, I did notice where I was going and accidentally tripped, sending me tumbling down.

I screamed for help, and luckily, before I could crash to the bottom, I had been caught. I looked up to see the handsome and charming face of my crush, Ash Ketchum.

"Are you okay?" He asked, putting down gently.

"Y-yes, I'm okay!" I replied, "But, why are you here?"

"I didn't want being at school to be the last time I saw you, so I was wondering if you would maybe like to walk along the beach with me?" He suggested.

I thought for only a split-second and then nodded energetically after. He gave a warm smile and held out his hand for me. I took it, and we walked down the road to the beach by Professor Kukui's hut.

Once we got there, the sky was a beautiful shade of pink and orange as it had been getting late. As soon as Ash saw the sand, he charged after it while dragging me along behind him.

After he calmed down, we then slowly walked across the land, but the only thing I was focused on was how the reflection of the sky made Ash look even more handsome.

It is very clear to most people and ourselves that we like each other. It's just none of us ever know what to say. We both know that we won't see each other for a while, and I feel I had left it too late to confess.

This started to make me feel upset, knowing that I may never actually see him again. I know i should just let it go and face facts, but tears already started flowing out of my emerald green eyes l, and Ash was quick to notice.

"What's wrong, Lillie?" He asked.

I really didn't want to say because I thought it was just stupid that I was clingy for him, but I knew I couldn't lie either.

"I just wish we could both stay here forever together!" I cried.

"I know, and so do I, but I need to go home, and you need to find your dad!" Ash argued against.

"But what if the journey was a waste and I didn't find him?" I asked.

"He didn't appear in Tapu Fini's mist, so he must be out there somewhere!" Ash answered.

"I guess so..." I mumbled.

I knew it upset him to be upset, so he tried to stop it by finally giving me my first ever kiss. It was passionate and beautiful, and I just wish it could last forever.

"I love you!" I said as we let go.

"I love you even more!" He replied.

Once I was getting tired from the walking, Ash decided to carry me on his shoulders back to my house. I knew I probably wasn't helping his tiredness, but we both enjoyed the closeness of it all.

I can't really remember what happened after that the next day other than the fact I woke up in bed with Ash's hat next to me and a note telling me to never give up and that he'll miss me.

Yesterday was definitely the best day of my life, and something I'll never let go of...