Hopelessly Falling For Each Other (Darkvineshipping)

This is a fluffy yet kind of angsty Darkvineshipping oneshot where Gary and Zoey are dating but then he finds out she is also dating Paul and when Gary tries to tell him to back off, he falls for him too. What will happen next?

For clarification, as you may have never heard, Darkvineshipping is a ship between Gary, Zoey, and Paul with @gamerlillian13 creating the ship and me creating the name. Also, thanks to them for this request!!!

-----

Gary's POV:

It was such a nice day when I decided to take my girlfriend on a date. The sun was shining, and the Starly were chirping, odd for me since I live in Kanto and not Sinnoh, but definitely a lot better than Pidgey and Spearow squawking.

My girlfriend is called Zoey, and she is the sweetest person in the world. She has fiery red hair to go along with her short temper but can do the nicest things for me, too.

But she didn't seem so sweet when while we were on our date, I kept on finding her on her Rotom Phone. And it seemed like she was... texting.

At first, I thought it was her best friend Dawn, but at one point, I heard she had a new notification, and as soon as she opened it up, she started blushing.

This was getting really suspicious now, so I decided to question her on it.

"Who are you texting?" I asked.

She quickly slipped her Rotom Phone into her pocket.

"No one!" She replied briskly, her cheeks turning red like her hair.

I mumbled under my breath, and then we continued walking along. I wanted to take the phone from her and check the messages, but I just needed to wait until she took it out of her pocket again.

Luckily enough, she took it out a minute later. As soon as I heard her giggle, I snatched the phone from her.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Just checking stuff!" I replied, turning my back on her so she wouldn't spot me checking her messages.

My suspicions were right because it turned out she was texting this guy called Paul. They were sending love hearts back and forth and even flirting!

"Who is Paul?" I questioned in an angry tone.

"He's just some guy who asked me for a battle, and then after he asked me out!" She admitted.

"And did you except?" I replied.

She went silent, and honestly, I could tell from her messages that she did. And so with that, I made it up in that mind I was going to catfish him so I could meet him in person.

Me:
Hey Baby, want to go on a date with me? Xoxo

Paul:
Of course, Zo-Zo! Where do you want to meet up at? Xxx

I knew he probably lived in Sinnoh since Zoey never really travels anywhere, so I knew the perfect place.

Me:
Snowpoint City, please! 😍

Paul:
Isn't it a little too cold up there? xxx

Me:
Not for me, it isn't ;)

Paul:
Okay then, meet you there 🥰

This felt so cringey texting this way, and honestly, I'm surprised he isn't at all suspicious, I guess Zoey does texted weirdly to him.

I handed her back her phone and then started marching off.

"Where are you going, Gary?" She asked.

"I'm going to tell Paul to stay away from you because you're mine!" I yelled and then continued on without her.

I went to the nearest Pokémon Center and got my gramps to send over my Skamory before then flying over to Snowpoint City. As soon as I arrived, it was hard to see where I was going, and it was freezing, but I knew I wouldn't be staying for long...

He told me in his last message that he would meet in the Pokémon Center nearby, so I trudged through the snow until I got there. When I got in, I saw a guy with a hot chocolate, and he had a sinister look on his face and purple hair.

Honestly, I could see why Zoey liked him, because he looked really hot, and if I wasn't with my cheater of a girlfriend, I could see myself being with him... oh no...

"Are you Paul?" I asked.

"Yes, but where is Zoey?" He replied.

"Zoey isn't here, I catfished you!" I explained, "And my name is Gary!"

"What?!" He exclaimed, narrowing his eyebrows even further.

I then walked up to him closer and poked him in the chest,

"You need to back off my girlfriend or so help me, Arceus, you'll freeze to death alone today!" I yelled.

"Well, you will too if you don't back off of me!" He yelled back, pushing me aside.

We started fighting around in the building until we were threatened to be called by Officer Jenny by Nurse Joy.

We then agreed to stop, and we both went off on our separate ways...

The next day, my feelings felt so conflicting that it was giving me a headache. I couldn't stop thinking of Paul and how attractive he looks.

But this can't be right! I've got a girlfriend, I can't just go off with someone else because even though she was willing to go off with him, I still love her!

Unless there is another way...

But anyway, my thoughts got interrupted when I got a text from an unknown person. I opened it up, and it turned out it was Paul

~Paul:
Hey Gary, it's me, Paul
I really need to have a chat with you, so could you please meet me at Floaroma Town

Because I still didn't fully trust him yet after yesterday, I decided not to give him a reply and headed out on my Skamory.

I flew over to Floaroma Town, but when I arrived in front of the flower shop, I saw both him and my girlfriend there!

"Hi Gary!" She waved, blushing but probably because of Paul.

"Please don't tell me you've only brought me here to say you've broken up with me and have gotten with him?!" I exclaimed.

"Calm down, no, it's for a different reason!" Paul replied.

So I crossed my arms and waited for what he wanted to say.

"So basically, you are dating Zoey, but I'm also dating Zoey!" He explained, "But I also really like you too!"

"Same..." I mumbled.

"So why don't we all just date each other?" He suggested, "It's called a polyamorous relationship, and since we all like each other, this could work!"

There is a way to date more than one person, and that is not considered a "cheater" or "player" by others? This sounds pretty cool.

"I'm totally in for it!" Zoey agreed, "By how do you feel, Gary?"

I thought about it, and I then decided...

"Yes, this sounds awesome!" I responded.

"Well, we are all in agreement!" Paul announced, "This love triangle is now a polycule!"