73| "im pregnant"

ACE

The evening was filled with laughter and joy as we gathered in the kitchen, making pizza together.

Naomi and Amara's smiles were infectious, and I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with happiness.

Amongst the music playing in the background, Naomi and I found ourselves dancing slowly to a sweet tune, our hearts connected.

"I can't wait to spend every day with you," Naomi whispered, her words filling me with warmth and determination.

"Good, because I plan on making the rest of your life a dream for you," I replied, planting a kiss on her forehead. She leaned into the touch, and I held her close, cherishing the moment.

Turning to Amara, I beckoned her closer, and she joined us in a warm embrace. The bond between us felt stronger than ever, and I knew that this was just the beginning of our journey together as a family.

~
NAOMI

A few days had passed, and I was back at the office with Aubrey. As I shared the news of my engagement, a wide smile graced my face as I showed her the ring.

"No way!" Aubrey exclaimed in excitement, pulling me into a hug. "You have to tell me all about it."

I recounted the romantic proposal and the overwhelming joy of saying yes to Ace.

As the days went on, I started feeling unwell at work. Concerned, Aubrey urged me to go home and get some rest, assuring me that she would take care of everything at the office.

"Are you sure?" I asked, grateful for her support.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Go get some rest," Aubrey insisted, and I headed home to recuperate.

~

EDIT

Naomi changed into sweats and a hoodie after arriving home and headed to the kitchen to find something to soothe her. Rose greeted her warmly.

"Hi, Rose," Naomi replied. "Yeah, I came back early. Wasn't feeling the best."

"Let me make you some tea," Rose offered kindly, and Naomi sat down, watching her prepare the tea. Then Ace walked in.

"Hey," he greeted with a smile.

"Hey," Naomi replied.

"You okay?" he asked, concerned.

"No, not really. Just randomly got sick," Naomi explained, and he came up to her, kissing her forehead.

Naomi changed into sweats and a hoodie after arriving home and headed to the kitchen to find something to soothe her. Rose greeted her warmly.

"Hi, Rose," Naomi replied. "Yeah, I came back early. Wasn't feeling the best."

"Let me make you some tea," Rose offered kindly, and Naomi sat down, watching her prepare the tea. Then Ace walked in.

"Hey," he greeted with a smile.

"Hey," Naomi replied.

"You okay?" he asked, concerned.

"No, not really. Just randomly got sick," Naomi explained, and he came up to her, kissing her forehead.

As the evening light waned, I was hit with a sudden wave of nausea. Ace's concerned voice cut through the haze of discomfort. "You need me to get you anything?"

A surge of queasiness hit me, and I realized I needed to get to the bathroom fast. Hastily, I rushed downstairs, my stomach churning. Moments later, I found myself leaning over the toilet, retching.