Chapter 1 Blockade

Since a plague 60 years ago, the Earth has changed dramatically. Biological evolution, human beings fell from the position of supremacy.

Countless evolved creatures have terrible destructive power, from the mountain size of the bloodthirsty mammoth to the spitting frost of the direwolf emperor. Even humanity's trump card, nuclear weapons, are powerless against the top evolutionary creatures.

"Man, in order to protect himself, had to abandon most of his territory and build high walls to protect himself."

And humanity, with the aid of the original stone, is able to absorb the Force that is drifting in the universe, and a special group of awakened ones has emerged. They evolved magical abilities, powerful Awakeners, powerful enough to compete with the legendary creatures of evolution, and finally maintain the last flame of mankind. So that human beings can thrive in the world behind these walls."

Age of Wasteland 60.

The teacher gushed about history in class.

The students took careful notes and imagined the day they would become awakened ones.

In this era, the awakened are the most special group, even the lowest awakened people, will be crowned with the reputation of "guardians of humanity."

For these students in the class, being an awakened person means getting ahead and making a name for yourself.A month later is the awakening Day, the government will call on all children around 18 years old to take an awakening test, lucky children will successfully awaken their internal potential and become awakened.

But Xiao Chen, who wandered off in class, did not think so far.

He just wanted to Let myself and my sister live a better life away from that violent and crime-ridden slum.

The hours in class always seem so long...

The class teacher is still talking on the platform.

"In our class, if we can have two awakeners, I can laugh and wake up in my dreams." But others don't lose heart, because this road is not as good as you think, in addition to fighting monsters in the wilderness, but also beware of becoming infected."

"Who can tell us what an infected person is?"

Some students raised their hands

"After the plague, those who survived were infected with the mutated virus, and when they became awakened, once they were eager to achieve something, they went crazy, and they let the virus take over the brain, and they became monsters that ate human flesh."

"If you are scratched and bitten by them, even if you are not dead, you will turn into a monster like a zombie in a short time."

Lao Song nodded with satisfaction, and Xiao Chen looked out of the window.

There is no hope to become an awakened person, and the cultural institution is actually the former university.

If he goes to college, he won't be able to afford the tuition.

The school would never let him take his sister to the dorm.

The sun was setting, a few rays of light reflected on the yellowing textbooks, and there were not many people left in the class.

Xiao Chen packed up his schoolbag and walked silently to the health corner.

In the trash can, some small white stones were standing.He carefully picked out the little stones from the inside and carefully wrapped them in paper.

This kind of thing is the teacher said the original stone, is a kind of auxiliary body to quickly absorb the force of the item, with a higher force to reach the breaking point, a higher probability of becoming an awakening, good family conditions of the students, will carry with absorption.

When it's all over, throw it away.

Xiao Chen can't afford it.

Therefore, he would pick up the waste raw stones thrown away by his classmates after school every day to absorb the little meager force that remained inside.

After packing up, Xiao Chen left the school and walked out of town.

Humans may have awakeners, but their overall strength is not in the same league as monsters in the wilderness, which is why major cities now have huge walls. To ward off the mutants.

However, every inch of land inside the walls is valuable, and not everyone can afford a house.

Xiao Chen walked out through a small, dark door at the edge of the city wall.

Outside is actually a wilderness, but because there are too many people who can't afford to buy a house inside the city walls, gradually not far outside the city walls, a slum has formed.

Although there is no protection of the wall, it is still a place to shelter from the wind and rain.

At the edge of the city wall, Xiao Chen looked out at an empty courtyard not far away.

Once upon a time, this was his home, only three years ago, as the awakening of the father accidentally disappeared, all the members of the team died mysteriously.

After the investigation was fruitless, the father was identified as a human traitor, and the death of the team members and he could not escape.

Therefore, Xiao Chen and his sister were also expelled and their property confiscated.

That year, he was 15 years old, Mu Xiaowan was 10 years old....

He was walking on a familiar road when he suddenly found that there were many people crowded around the entire slum.

He tried to push his way to the front, only to find that many inspectors wearing outer armor, armed with blast shields, kept pushing people from the slum in Area c back.

"Security zone?"

Xiao Chen noticed the signs erected next to it.

"There are two infected people inside, and no one can come out until they are caught."

An infected person? ! Xiao Chen's pupils suddenly constricted and she pushed her way through the crowd.

The people outside are whispering, but the people inside the wire door in the security area keep crowding out.

"Let us out!"

"There are infected people in here, but we're not, and I don't want to be eaten!"

"I can stay, let my child go out!"

There were at least a few thousand people in the ghetto in Area c, and they were holding on to the iron gate and crying in despair.

Everyone knows how terrible the infected, infected people have appeared in other slums, hundreds of civilians have been eaten flesh and blood.

Xiao Chen's eyes scanned the crowd, only to see a thin little girl in a thin linen dress with long braids, also clutching the iron door, staring out blankly.

The moment he saw her, Xiao Chen felt relieved.