Chapter 28

*mild adult language

"So, what is your name?" promoted the tallest one, who Adira guessed was about six four.

"What's yours?" she kept her eyes on him, but saw Daniel smirk.

"Gray!" he hollered back.

"Marcos," added another as he waved at Adira. He had piercing dark blue eyes and a lopsided grin.

"Leonardo," waved another. He was the strongest looking of the group in a black tank top and a white board shorts. His arms rippled with muslce and his calves were coated with it.

"And, you know me," filled in Diego.

Another one popped his thumb at his suit covered chest. "Lukas, oldest twin." He pointed to his exact look alike. "Lincoln." Lincoln waved.

"That leaves me," he looked around before bowing. "Aaron Rukus, at your service."

Adira wanted to curtsey, but she didn't think her calf could take it. "And, I am A-- Jezebel." She kept her face calm, but inside she was paincing.

"A--Jezebel?" questionrd Lukas.

"I was going to say something snarky, but decided against it. You guys seemed nicer than Diego."

Danny laughed as he sat beside her at the bar. "Welcome to hotel Rukus-Lazano. Full bed and breakfast, and more!"

"Really," started Lukas as he and Lincoln took off their suit jackets, hanging them on the back of two chairs. "You really must stop offering our services to people." Lukas turned to Adira as he unhooked his cuffs and started to roll up the clean pressed white sleeves. "What would you like for dinner?"

She looked to Danny, who gestured back to Lukas. "Ah, how about some steak?"

"Red wine it is!" cheered Lincoln as he appeared from the fridge.

Leonardo sat beside Adira. "An expensive one, Danny-Boy."

Daniel rolled his eyes, but they brightened almost immediately. "Piense, ¿Cuándo fue la última vez que estuvimos todos juntos?" (Just think, when was the last time we were all together?)

Lincoln passed around bottles of beer to all the boys and Adira noticed they were all imported from Mexico. Lincoln paused in front of her, beer in one hand and wine glass and bottle in the other. She pointed to the wine. "Thank you, she whispered.

"To family," said Aaron as he raised his bottle.

"To family," echoed the boys. They looked to Adira.

"To new friends," she looked around all the boys and stopped at Daniel. "And, more adventures to come."

He stalked over and dropped his lips to hers.

...

Owen opened the door to Makenna's room and quietly closed it behind him. He leaned back against it, closing his eyes to the chaos outside. His hospital had been one of the two over flow centers for the fire, and they were still full. He opened his eyes to see Alex sitting on the far side of Makenna's bed with his feet propped up against the bed and hands clasped tightly together, resting against his chin. His eyes seemed to be focused on Makenna, but Hunt doubted that's not what he was seeing.

Hunt broke the silence, "What are you doing here? They have been paging you!"

Alex's sad eyes snapped to Hunt, then they hardened. "I told them five more minutes. They can wait; I checked - no one is dying and I have Robbins throwing herself into my surgeries. So, she took the most urgent."