Chapter 48

Adira arrived to the hospital early, with everything she had promised, before finding Hunt staring at her. "Adira," he whispered, "You're...you're pregnant?"

"That generally happens when you get married," hissed back Adira. 

Hunt's heart broke, even though he didn't  know that could happen. Seeing her marry someone else was different but now she was carrying someone else's child. "Morning, Adira?" questioned Derek as he stepped out a room, confused. He wrapped an arm around her hip and pressed his soft lips to her cheek. "What are you doing here?"

"Erin is later," she hissed. "Erin is dead."

"You should not be here--"

"I am not here for me, I am here for someone else."

"No," yelled Alex as he ran down the hallway, flying towards Adira. Erin came running right behind him. "ADIRA! I SAID NO! GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THAT CONFERENCE ROOM!"

"Calm down!" retorted Hunt to Alex. 

"Derek! Do not let her go in there! She is twenty weeks pregnant!"

Erin finally caught up to the group, "Alex, I am going into the interview, not Adira."

Adira snorted, "Like hell you are."

"Oh no," started Derek. "You are going no where near that conference room---" 

Adira stepped away from the crowd, "No, I am going in there if you people like it or not. I am going to find my son, with or without you."

"Quit acting like we're against you, Adira. We want to find Tracey too," promised Erin. 

"You have ten minutes, then I am going in there," warned Adira. 

Erin looked at Derek and Alex, "Keep her awa--"

Erin couldn't finish before Bailey marched down the hallway, "IF THERE IS ANYMORE NOISE COMPLAINTS IN MY HOSPITAL, SO HELP--" Derek folded his arms and tapped his ear with one of his fingers. "So help me," hissed Bailey. 

"We're fine, Bailey," promised Adira, before glaring at Hunt. "Everything is fine without you."

...

Erin looked at the clock, desperately. "Why you so nervous?" questioned one of the interviewees, named Scott. Scott was African American with long, long cornrows down his back. 

"Because," stated Erin before heading towards the door, "You are about to love me."

"Doubt it," snorted Scott. 

Erin rolled her eyes, "Good luck, Kid. You're going to need it."

Erin was replaced with Adira and Scott knew he was in trouble, terrified by the look in her eyes. "My name is Adira," she started before unplugging the camera. "I would be very, very afraid. Afraid that you are locked to a chair with me, free."

"You're pregnant," he snorted before laughing to himself. "What can you do?"

Adira was behind him at that moment before pushing her head into the table, hand flat against his neck. "You are not listening. Where is Tracey Kendall?"

"Who?" he hissed. "Damn woman, let go of me."

"You will address me as Detective Adira, at all times. Now, where is Tracey Kendall?"

"Who the hell is that?" his hand slammed against the table, "Letgo! That hurts!" 

"Tell me where Tracey is!"

"For the last time, I do not know who that is!"

"What happened at the shoot out?" she questioned.