Chapter 50

Matt changed into his swimsuit and helped Jedidiah while Adira helped Justice change. Tracey came upstairs, taking Jedidiah and Justice from them before Matt helped Adira into her bikini. Adira's stomach had become too large for the tankinis she usually wore around the kids. "Can you walk down the stairs?" questioned Matt.

"I got up them, so I can get down them," she hissed.

"Are you okay?" questioned Matt.

"These babies will...will...not stop...kicking, my Lord." Adira started her way downstairs as Matt grabbed a baby name book. They met down at the pool where Jeremiah and Joshua were swimming, James was on a tube, Justice was sitting on the side of the pool, splashing at James, who kept spinning away from her and Tracey was on an inflatable with Jedidiah sitting on his lap. Matt grabbed Adira a bottle of water and sat on fold out chair beside her. "Thank you," she whispered.

"We need to start talking about names. Every time you blow me off. I checked out two books full of names."

Adira slipped on her sunglasses, "You have obviously read through them. Tell me your ideas."

Matt cracked a smile, "Sounds good! Okay, give me a second, let's see. Joleen. I think we could call her Jo."

"No, too old fashion," decided Adira.

"Jacquelyn--"

"Have you ever seen the Key and Peel video 'Substitute Teacher'? The answer is no."

Matt laughed, "I hadn't thought about that. Hmm, what about Jessica? Janet--"

"Ja-ja-janet and the jets," joked Adira.

Matt rolled his eyes. "Jennifer. Jersey. How about Jessica with a K?"

"That doesn't make it any better," she laughed. "Keep going."

"Judy. Justine," he added to the list.

"No, too close to Justice, even though I really like that name. Justine. That's a good one. At least you're not a total failure."

"Hey, now!" retorted Matt. "My list is not done yet. I like Jamey, but it is the female version of James. We already have Jamison. My middle name is Jeremy. I want that to either be the name of the boy or the middle name."

"Jeremy and Jeremiah?"

"Yeah, you're right," confirmed Matt. "They are close. I like Jayden, it means thankful. Jaydn, spelled j-a-y-d-n means God has heard. What one do you like better?"

"Boy or girl name?"

"Huh?" questioned Mat.

"Would you make Jayden the girl or boy name?"

"Depends on the other name," replied Matt. "You have any ideas?"

"Jordan. Except not spelled like Michael Jordan, but J-o-r-d-y-n-n."

"Sounds like Jayden is a boys name. Y or no y?" questioned Matt.

"Boy? No y." Replied Adira as she smiled at Matt. "Looks like we found us some names. Jordynn and Jaden."

"Jaden Jeremy and Jordynn?" paused Matt as he looked at Adira. "Jordynn what?"

"Jordynn Brooklyn," she whispered. "Jordynn Brooklyn," she repeated.

"Are you sure?" questioned Matt.

"It is not just my mother's name but it is my name too," she replied. "It should be passed on."

"Daddy! Come in to da pool!" yelled Justice.

Matt looked at Adira, handed her the book, and jumped up. He ran over to Justice and grabbed her, careful to hold her above water as he jumped into the pool. Adira stood, pressing one hand flat against her back and the other flush against her kicking babies. She waddled to the kitchen where James soon joined her. "Hey, Momma!" he called. He opened the fridge, standing in front of it. "Can I have a juice box?"