Chapter 49

Adira woke up with Matt smiling at her

Adira woke up with Matt smiling at her. "Ready to go to that appointment?"

"You need to give me more than twenty--" Adira bolted out of bed and into the bathroom. Matt was right behind her, holding back her mane of black hair.

"I thought morning sickness was supposed to be over by now."

Adira laughed, "It never ends, Matt. Never ends." She looked back at his face and chuckled, "You didn't know what you signed yourself up for, huh?"

"All I knew was that it was with you," he smirked. "Now, please brush your teeth so I can kiss your pretty face."

...

Jo was preforming the ultrasound on Adira, their second. The heartbeat started to gently pound over the speaker. Adira fell back against the backrest, sighing. "What's wrong?" questioned Matt. "Are you okay?"

"Listen closely," ordered Adira, softly.

"There's twins!" cheered Jo.

Adira sighed as Matt started to smile. "Twins? That's great!"

"Are we going to stick with the J theme?"

"Don't get ahead of yourself yet," replied Adira as Jo started to wipe the gel off Adira's belly. "We still have another half a pregnancy to get through."

"You are going to have," Jo started, "The image is printing...It's printing. Looks like you have, a boy and a girl!"

Matt cheered as Adira grunted. "You were right," hissed Adira, laughing.

"You were right as well," replied Matt as he stole a kiss.

...

Soon enough, after a day of house clean and catching up on some of her filing, Adira was exhausted. She crawled into bed after saying goodnight to each of her children, checking on Tracey twice, as Matt finished putting them too bed. He laughed when he walked in, "Too tired to even change?"

Adira looked down, "I can sleep in these sweats and tank top."

Matt shook his head as he walked over to her, helping her out of her sweats and exchanging them for a pair of basketball shorts and helping her out of her tank top, giving her one of his old t-shirts. "We both know you would get way to hot and the straps would bug you, because when you role, they would fall down."

Adira laughed, "You know me so well."

"Let's watch the news. Oh, and I brought you a glass of crushed ice to chew on." There was a knock at their door. Matt was in the bathroom brushing his teeth, but emerged as Tracey walked in. They had taken Tracey to the hospital to find that three of his ribs were bruised and partially dislocated along with the obviously injuries Adira had saw before.

"Hello, Ace, what's up?"

"Can you just..." He scratched the back of his neck. "Hold me? Just for a little bit? I know I am a senior in high school but I could really use a hug--"