Chapter 29

Adira stretched her arms slowly as she blinked she spotted Daniel. He was bent over a canvas stationed on a woodem easel. He was focused with a tiny paint brush. "What are you painting?"

He looked at startled as he turned towards her. His happy face flushed. "You're too pretty not to paint," he said. "But, don't worry, there's nothing bad."

He tipped the canvas to her. She looked to find herself lying on his bed with the duvet covering her shoulder that was resting on the bed, than it ran down the length of her torso, before being wrapped between her legs. The strap of her tank top was laying hapharazdly off her shoulder and there was the middriff that shown were the tanktop had slid up. Her legs looked longer than she thought they ever had; the wound was covered by an added piece of a blanket, which she was thankful for. It was beautiful. He had captured innocencee but none of the sultry side he could of. Tendrils of her bright red hair framed her face while the rest was captured up in a bun. Her face was unfinished.

Suddenly he dropped his paints onto the chair next to his easel. "What am I thinking?" he hissed. He went to the bathroom and returned with The first aid kit. "Let me do it," he offered as he slowly unwrapped the gauze. There was a little bit of blood, but Adira was pleased with her work. His fingers worked quickly - Adira recognized they were a master's hand. A few patches of skin had paint flecks on them, but he was careful to not let them get to close to the wound.

...

Hunt woke up at around seven. He set a sleeping Jedidah in the pack-n-play in the living room, that was adjacent to the kitchen. He started up the electric fry pan, on warm, on the oven before jogging up the stairs to find Justice, Jeremiah, Joshua, and James still sleeping on Adira's; Derek and his family must of already left. He leaned over Justice and blew onto her stomach, he woke up giggling. "Mista Hunt," she giggled as she wrapped her little chocolate arms around his neck. "Your hair tickles!" she laughed as he rubbed his stumbled chin against her smooth face.

"I laid some clothes out on your bed, can you get all dressed by yourself?"

She bit her lip, and Owen saw Adira clearly in her face. "I can try."

She hopped off the bed happily humming to herself. Owen got off the bed, took a few steps before launching himself at the bed. His cannonball caused all three of the boys to get some hang time. James woke up the fasteat, before he even hit the bed. "Woah!" he screamed.

Joshua and Jeremiah sprang and tackled him. "Mista Hunt!" they cheered together.

They wrestled for a few more minutes till Owen had James and Jeremiah trapped beneath him and one arm around Joshua, who was on his back. "Okay, I need to go make breakfast. Get dressed and then come eat."

"What's for breakfast?" questioned Joshua.

Hunt scooped up all three of the boys and dropped them off at their rooms. "Come find out as soon as you get dressed!" They ran into their rooms and he went downstairs to find Justice sitting on the ground in a blue tanktop, a pair of blue jeans, a thick blue head band of a different shade, He scooped her up and set her on the counter, across from the frying pan. "So, peanut how are you this morning?"

"I am good, Mista Hunt. How are you?" her two year old mouth fumbled together a few words but she got the hang of it.

"You know, Justice, you don't have to call me Mr. Hunt."

"Well, what else would I call you?" she questioned with a mouth full of banana.

"By my first name, just like your mother does and other adults."