Chapter 15

Part 1

Picture is of Alexander.

*Note: Chapter in unedited.

Adira stretched as she woke up - she only had three days left in the hospital. She stood and made sure all of her kids were fast sleep before getting in the shower - the older boys had stayed the night on an extra hospital bed as a fun sleepover because today was Saturday. She slipped in under the warm spray of the shower and sighed. She was ready to go home, well, Adira didn't call it home just yet. Tonight she was having a move in party with some of the hospital staff and the girls - Meredith, Christina, Bailey, Torres, and Robbins - planned on staying the night with her. She was going to stay there tonight with plans of unpacking till late hours and then return to the hospital tomorrow morning. Candy was going to have the children. She was going to meet them after the zoo and take them home. Except for the babies, they were going to stay with Adira.

Adira heard a cry and she held her breath. She waited another second and the cry stopped. She sighed in relief, but she knew she should go check in on Jedidiah anyway. She turned off the water and wrapped herself in a towel and stepped out of the bathroom to see Owen cuddling Jedidiah close. "Good morning," he whispered, after blushing at the state of which she was in.

"Good morning," smirked Adira as crossed her arms.

"I was walking by and he was crying," explained Owen.

"It's fine." She grabbed her clothes off the stool. "One moment." He nodded with a small smirk.

"Just one."

...

Hunt helped Adira buckle Jedidiah and Justice in the front two minivan seats before smiling back at the boys. "Have fun!"

James started to pout, "Mista Hunt come with us. Pwease?"

Adira chuckled. "James, you know the rules. He has to work." Owen made eye contact with Adira. He raised an eyebrow and she nodded. "But, don't get in trouble because of me!" He turned and ran back inside the hospital. "5 minutes!!" She hollered after him.

...

Owen, dressed in a pair of dark jeans paired with a red and black flannel, pushed the double stroller where Jedidiah was asleep in the back with Justice in the front, wide-eyed and a mouth full of goldfish. Jeremiah and Joshua were walking beside Adira, who was in a pair of black skinny jeans, a red and black flannel, and her hair up in a bun. The last one of the group was James, who was walking beside Justice, stuffing his face full of Justice's goldfish.

"Alice!" called a voice and Adira froze.

Her mind started working a hundred miles a minutes. There were very few people in this world that called her thar name -it was from her first undercover mission, before the twins were born. "Owen," she ordered quietly as she heard the appraoching steps that belonged to the feet that were connected to the mouth of the someone who Adira had hoped she would never hear from, much less see again. "Grab my hand." He followed orders like the solider Adira knew he would always be.

The foot steps were getting faster and then he was standing behind her, Adira could feel his smoky breath hot on her neck. It made her skin crawl but she turned to look at him. "Al!" He exclaimed.

"Alexander!" Her voice lacked the enuthesium his oozed.

"Sugah, whatcha doing around here?" He questioned as she turned to face him.

Adira raised her interlocked hand. "I had to go home, eventually," she replied.

Alex's eyes clouded over but his smile and voice never waivered. "That husband you was always talking about."