Kevlar Skin

Suggested listening: Kamelot - Kevlar Skin

When Jin landed at the front of the ER, he was soaked in Haruo's blood. The little crowd present gasped at his presence, but after the infamous trials, everyone knew who Devil Jin was. They were scared about his intimidating presence, yes, but also about the fact a bleeding policeman was laying apparently dead in his arms. Haruo wasn't dead, no. Not yet. Jin could hear his faint breathing, the chest heaving weakly, but there was no time to waste or he would be dead in minutes.

He didn't even bother changing back to his human form when he entered the ER, demanding the scared nurse to hurriedly call a surgeon for Haruo, who had been shot and had lost too much blood to survive if something wasn't done fast, and with fast he meant now.

In a matter of seconds she called the head surgeon and called a red code for Haruo, and less than a minute passed before a gurney was brought to carry him in the emergency room for a surgery. Another nurse asked Jin if he knew his blood type, but sadly that wasn't an information they shared while dining together at their home. He mentally beaten himself for not bringing Hwoarang with him as well, since he was a type 0, but yet again flying carrying two people would have slowed him down, and Haruo could have died in the meantime. He prayed the hospital had enough type 0 in store for him while they did the necessary tests to find out his blood type. If he even survived the surgery.

Then Haruo disappeared from his eyesight, and he could do nothing but wait. Or so he thought. He changed back to his human thought, when he was approached by three police officers, possibly alerted by the same scared nurse who called the surgeon. Jin wasn't even mad at her, she was just following protocol and he knew something like that was coming anyway.

-Kazama-Seong Jin?

-Yes, it's me.

-We are here to investigate what happened to our fellow office Uchida Haruo. We understand he received a routine call for a gang conflict at the Mitaka Nakahara Kindergarten and called for reinforcements when he saw the size of said conflict. The other officer was shot in the head and died at the scene. What happened exactly to Uchida?

-Is this an interrogation?

-Not yet. But we are questioning how did you manage to be there just in time to bring him to the hospital... were you there during the conflict?

-No comment.

-It would be such a strange coincidence if you weren't, given the fact that one of the involved gangs are the Rising Hawks, your husband's former gang. He used to be their leader, if I'm not mistaken.

-He was young and made mistakes. He has completely turned his life around since then. He's a responsible father.

-But he's still a professional fighter, am I right?

-And so? I am too. It's, as you said, a profession.

-Sure, sure. Where is he now?

-At home.

-And your daughter?

-On a mission.

-So no one can vouch for his whereabouts now and when the incident went down... but you.

-You said this wasn't an interrogation.

-No, but as police officers we tend to believe very little to coincidences, and this case is, how to express this? Forming on its own. We checked officer Uchida's phone and there were no calls to you. So, as long as you don't have a telepathic connection, it's highly unlikely that you found him by chance. And yet, you're covered in his blood and brought him here.