Strange Things Chapter Twelve

A whole month has already passed...

You re-read the eviction letter as you sighed. Everything was packed up, and your cat was in the back of the cab, waiting for you. The driver honked at you impatiently. You looked back towards it and started to make your way over. But before you could open the back door to get in, you heard a very familiar voice call out to you. "Darling! How have you been?" Alastor asked you.
"Hey Alastor, I'm fine. How are you?" I asked back. Before he responded he looked at the cab and noticed all the luggage inside along with your cat Momo. "I'm glad to hear that dear, I've been fine myself. But if I may ask, where are you going?" He finished with a confused look on his face. I sighed. "I got evicted a little while back, so I'm moving back to Rose City..." His eyes widened when you told him the news. "Darling, why didn't you tell me sooner? You can stay with me if you'd like." He offered. I really didn't want to move back home, but I didn't want to be a bother to him at the same time. "I would love to Al, but I don't want to take up your space." I told him. "My dear don't worry about that, I wouldn't have suggested it if I didn't want you to." He replied. I nodded my head slightly in response. He then knocked on the passenger side window of the cab, and once rolled down, he told the driver his address and payed. "I'll see you there then my dear!"

I got into the cab and Alastor shut the door. The cab driver took off in the direction of Alastor's home. As the man drove, you noticed that he was taking you a little outside of the city. For about fifteen more minutes, all you could see was flat land, with a few larger houses here an there. Not too long after, the driver had pulled onto a dirt road that lead into the woods, where a wooden two-story home came into view where you could see the silhouette of a man in the front, seemingly waiting for your arrival. But the closer the cab got to the home, the silhouette was beginning to vanish. 'Odd'  you thought to yourself. Once the car had stopped moving, you got out and looked around. Suddenly, a woman opened the door and walked up to you. It was Mimzie. I politely waved at her and she waved back. "Hello there doll! Thought i'd never see you again!" She said with a small chuckle. "Here, let me help you with your luggage. Alastor wont me back till a bit later, so i'll show you to your room." She finished with a smile. We gathered the luggage out of the car, and once everything was out the driver left. Since I didn't have very much to begin with it only took us one trip. Mimzie led me to my new room, which was about the same size as my old one, and I carefully set Momo's cage down on the floor and thanked Mimzie for the help and she left, closing the door behind her. But not too long after, I heard the front door open and close and then it was just complete silence. I opened Momo's cage, and she ran out and under the bed.

By the time you had made yourself at home in your new room, it had gotten quite late. You looked around the room and noticed what looked like a photograph sticking out of a page in a book that was sat on a mirrored nightstand that stood just across your bed. You sat up and made your way over to the nightstand, and reached for the book. You lifted the top of the book and carefully slipped the photograph out and looked at it.

 You lifted the top of the book and carefully slipped the photograph out and looked at it

It was a photo of you and Alastor when you were younger. Memories started to flood back as you continued to look at the photo. Those were happy times, it made you smile. 
You stared at the photo for a little while longer while you relived the memories, but when you came back down to earth, you noticed that you were staring at his eyes the entire time that you were lost in thought. You jumped when a sudden knock came from the other side of your bedroom door. "Y/n? May I come in?" It was Alastor. A small smile formed on your lips as you put the photograph back down on the table and walked over to the door. You opened it and smiled at the man who stood before you, a small smile on his face matching yours. "Hello my dear! I see you made yourself at home. I hope you find it comfortable." He said as he bent down a little to reach your height as he waited for you to answer. "Hello Alastor, it's very cozy here. Thank you again." 
"Don't mention it darling! Would you like to join me for dinner?" He told you as he stood himself back up so he was standing straight once again. "Sure!" You replied in a cheery mood. You exit your bedroom and the two of you make your way downstairs and he leads you to the dinning room. The both of you enter and you make your way to a seat but before you had a chance to grab the back of the seat, Alastor had pulled it back and gestured with his hand for you to sit down. You did so and he pushed the seat back into the table. You thanked him and he disappeared into what you assumed to be the kitchen. You looked down at your hands which were neatly folded on your lap. About fifteen minutes go by and Alastor re-entered the dinning room, and placed down a bowl full of jambalaya. You thanked him once again and as soon as he sat down and started eating, you dug in. 

After the two of you had finished eating, you cleaned up and was making your way back to your room. You were half way up the stairs when you noticed something run across the hallway. You couldn't make out what it was exactly but you assumed that it was just Momo, and she managed to escape from the bedroom some how. Once you reached the top of the stairs, you made your way in the direction where you saw Momo ran in. You went down the hall and you saw what you thought was a fluffy tail enter a room at the very end of the hall. As you got closer to the door, you noticed that the room must have been Alastor's bedroom. However a vile stench reached your nose before you could enter and you stepped back in disgust as your hand shot up to your mouth as you began to gag. You heard Alastor walk out of the kitchen and you speed walked back to your room and carefully shut the door behind you and to your surprise, you saw Momo resting peacefully on top of your bed.
"What the fuck- was that not even a cat I was following..?" You asked yourself in disbelief.

Author-

hey guys! sorry it took so long for the update. i've been really busy with school and shit so sorry about that. but at least i finally got it done :3
also sorry again for another short chapter. I tried to make it longer.

and as always, 
stay tuned~ 
for the next chapter!!!