[C15] Just more Mysteries

Nothing.

The curtain inside is blocking the way from letting you see anything that resides inside of the house, “Damn” you tried opening the window but it sadly didn't open, another try, nope. The window was locked from the inside, but your curiosity didn't let this slide, the Afton’s house should be the only one that is usable, even though it's not first seen as it since there's some illusion casted on the house to make it look nothing different from the other houses.

And luckily for you, you were able to see past illusion- somehow, and when? You don't know. You walked over to the door, grabbed the doorknob and turned it, “Huh, that was- easier than I thought?” you mumbled as you opened the door.

.

.

.

.

ELIZABETH SHUT UP I KNOW”

“Evan don't yell at your sister”

“She's waking up”

you opened your eyes, seeing Elizabeth right in your face causing you to scream at the sudden sight, she backed away quickly as you sat up, looking around quickly, “Wait how did i get here? What happened?” you asked. Ms. Afton moved, or pushed, Evan in front of you, “Now isn't the time to tell her!” he retorted, she only crossed her arms, glaring at him.

You blinked a few times trying to remember what happened, only remembering walking around the neighborhood then seeing- “The house- the lights were on” Ms. Afton looked at Evan, “What is she talking about?”, “I- can't say…” you looked at him confused, why was he being tied into this? “Evan, you found her unconscious, somewhere, and from what she says it was at a house, earlier she went out for a walk, and you don't just randomly wander like that” Evan looked away, a look of guilt on his face.

“What's even happening?” you asked, “I didn't mean for this to happen, you weren't supposed to be there”, “So you were there? Were you in the house? What happened?” you said, getting frustrated, Evan looked at you, “No- i just- i can't say it yet-”, “Then when? I know you have your secrets and wont tell me but i need to know some things! Like this, this is important!” he stared at you as you were snapping at him with these questions. But no answer. Ms. Afton held onto your shoulder, “Come dear, we can continue this later, for now you have your appointment to get to”

“And Evan, you're grounded until you tell the truth, all of it” she added as she brought you over to the front door, you didn't even glance at Evan to see what he was feeling or if he had anything to say before the two of you walked out. Once the door was shut and taken only a few steps off the porch, tears started falling from your face silently, Ms. Afton looked at you to say something before she noticed your state, “It's okay dear, you didn't do anything wrong..” she whispered, hugging you gently.

Her comforting words only made you break more, “But I didn't do anything right either..” you mumbled between sobs, “i know.. This is a very complicated family, especially the fact you are still alive and we arent… and Evan- he's a teen too, he's going through emotions he doesn't understand.. You were right, he did visit before, he was scared and worried about you so he talked to me..” you looked at her a little shocked, which she just nodded. Sighing, “I really didn't want to push him into that, but it's only for the best, for your safety”

This only added to your curiosity and confusion, “What does that even mean!?” you asked more desperately, Ms. Afton wiped your tears away, “I know you're going through a lot of emotions today but this has to be saved for later, conversations can be saved for later but appointments are another thing” you didn't want to wait to get these answers till later but this was just as important. “Okay..”

The two of you walked till you reached the bus stop which arrived a minute later right on time, going from one bus to another till you guys reached the hospital, following Ms. Afton to the front desk, she spoke with the man there. You didn't pay attention to what they were talking about and just stood there quietly fidgeting with your hands, “My lord, wait an hour till the doctor is ready?” Ms. Afton sighed, you looked at her as you both walked over to the waiting room.

“It's not that bad..” you mumbled, “Mm i guess you are right, but you should rest, i'll wake you up” she said more calmly then her last statement, you nodded a little, leaning back into the very uncomfortable couch, it's too stiff. Ms. Afton mumbled something you couldn't understand before you actually did pass out, seems like you were more tired than you thought.

-824 words-

Y'all I'm working on chapter 17 right now 😩 but like- udhggghdh why is chapter 16 so damn long. . . Actually - don't answer that SIMPS!
Ill post 16 tmrw maybe I dunno if I'll be connected to Wi-Fi or not and I'll be having 20 million chapters ready to post/j this story isn't going to be that long, I already have an ending planned but it's not going to be for a long while, a LOOOONNNNNGGG while 😋😋

One more thing, there was a comment that scared me for it's accuracy 😰

ALRIGHTY BYYEEEEER