[C17] Welcome Back

You and Ms. Afton were coming back from the hospital. It was past 4 in the morning and you were exhausted, usually you weren't this tired when you stayed up this late, but it was tests and questions, not reading books, drawing or doing whatever else. And you still had to go to bed- … with Evan. “Tired?” ms. Afton asked, you looked at her, nodding a little, “Is there a- spare room I can sleep in for a bit?”

“You don't want to sleep with Evan, huh?” no, that wasn't it, yes actually but no. “I don't know.. I want to get answers but i'm exhausted, and i don't know what to think”, “Yeah.. you know, i used to be in your situation before with William” you raised a brow at her, “Yeah, i remember it, he started closing off after Evan’s death, he would return home late, not eat, and when i would ask what was wrong he would snap at me” she explained.

“And soon enough one of our fights went terribly wrong and he killed me”“I- never knew that..”, “But don't worry, Evan won't be like that, he just doesn't understand his emotions very well because he refused to learn from me” she chuckled, trying to lighten up the mood. This got you curious now, “Did he ever learn anything?” you asked, “Not much from what i know of, William and Michael definitely taught him some words”, “That makes sense” you chuckled.

She hummed, “Yeah, end even when he wasn't having a book in his face he would just sit in his room for hours and hours, just staring at the ceiling.. Even Elizabeth tried to bring him out of his state, nothing was working”, “All he did was read and- stare?” Ms. Afton was about to say something but shook it off instead. “He did more, but that is what his week would seem like all the time, but then you came along and he was practically alive again, he had a reason to do more than what he did

You smiled a little, never thinking how Evan was like that, “I think he only understands the emotions in books he reads, which by the way are not always appropriate since he would always borrow from Michael” she added, “So he's still a child and a teen?” you asked, “Exactly, and Lizzy may not seem like it but she has taken upon my teachings, she's smarter than her twin- oh but don't tell them i said that” the two of you laughed.

Ms. Afton opened the door and they both walked in, “Kids, we’re back” she called out, “I think Evan died again, hes doing his old thing-”, “Im not fucking dead!” you looked over to see Evan was laying on the couch, and yes he did look dead. Well- more dead. Ms. Afton sighed and walked over to him, “Evan”, “I'm not dead” he muffled in a pillow, refusing to look up, “I know, but i wanted to apologize for yelling earlier, you know this has been a stressful day for most of us” she said quietly.

Elizabeth walked over to you, “You look just as dead” she chuckled a bit, “Im just tired” you told her, paying attention to Ms. Afton and Evan at the moment, “I don't understand any of this..”, “I know you don't, but maybe Y/n could-” Evan sat up quickly before she was able to finish her sentence, “I cant even help her, how can she help me?” you felt a little offended by that. Did he not notice I'm right here?

“Start small, don't jump into it too quickly, you have to give her some answers” as much as you were loving this wholesome moment between the two, you were really tired, this can wait till- later, when your not tired, “Hey Liz, can i sleep in your room tonight?” you asked, “Oh uh sure” your thankful she didn't question why and just led you to her room. She walked over to her little anime library, “You wanna just sleep on my bed? I don't think I wanna sleep tonight” you gave her a little nod, “Sure, just don't wake me up with your comments about the book” you chuckled.

She chuckled a little as well, getting comfortable in her bean chair, “I won't promise but i'll try not to shout” you rolled your eyes before you remembered you need to change- oh wait no, you've been in lazy clothes all day. So without another thought you got into the bed and got comfortable, but you just laid there for a while, but no matter how many turns it took, you couldn't sleep. Which was hella annoying, being tired as fuck and getting comfortable finally and yet not being able to sleep.

What's the difference to normally sleeping? Evan. You normally slept with Evan but right now- you're not, and you don't feel like you want to be with him at the moment, not with all these unanswered questions that keep getting more and more serious.. But what would you expect dating the youngest son of William Afton, from the Afton family, the immortally dead family that only you know of their existence?

But you don't want to just be laying in this bed being so close to finally getting sleep but your person just refusing to sleep just because he's not here.. You don't want to always rely on him. As- bad as it sounds, you want to be independent too when you want to, “Y/n, go to sleep- i can hear your mumbling from here”, “Sorry, i just can't sleep..”

Elizabeth got up and walked over to her closet, you watched curiously what she was about to do, like a magicain pulling a rabbit out of a hat, the ginger took out a giant- and i mean giant plushie from the closet, “How the fuck-”, “Dont ask, here, now go to sleep” she said, tossing it at you. She must have been a little annoyed at your mumbling to give you it, you chuckled a little at the thought and laid back down with the plush.

It was comfortable, and it felt easier to fall asleep now. You held onto it as you finally slipped into sleep.

“I… der.. ca… ow.. he.. circ…”

-1061 words-