The Final Battle - 9AM (Part 2)

At the hotel shelter, the survivors were going about their usual routine as they did since the invasion began. Some were giving comfort to those missing their friends and relatives and some were tending to the children. Sounds of chattering and comforting words filled the room while some were offered lookout duty in case any of those creatures were lurking outside. The sound of a door opened and two figures, one human and one Namekian entered.

"Gohan! Piccolo! Thank goodness, you two are okay." Chi Chi rushed to embrace her elder son. "Goten and I were so worried."

"How is he, Mom?" Asked Gohan.

"He's been good. Worried about you but good." His mother answered.

"At least he had Trunks and Bulla to keep him occupied." Said Piccolo. "Goku and Vegeta are still out fighting the scourge as we speak."

Chi Chi's expression turned to panic as she clutched her chest upon the mention of her husband still out there fighting. Bulma saw this and put both hands on her friend's shoulders, as a way to calm her nerves.

"Gohan?"

The half-breed Saiyan whipped his head around to see his beloved Videl, having heard his arrival. A warm loving smile adorned his face as he approached her and pulled her into an embrace of someone being reunited with their true love. Little Pan came running on her little legs to hug her father around the legs.

"I'm so glad you're safe and okay." Videl cried, out of joy and relief.

Gohan kissed the top of her head and gathered Pan in his arms. "What matters now is you, your dad and Pan are hidden safely from these invaders. I take Pan has been behaving herself."

Videl nodded. "Yes. I'm surprised that she stayed strong throughout all this, especially at a young age. The other kids helped look after her."

Relief washed over Gohan upon hearing that his family were all safe and well. Piccolo shared the same sentiment, nodding in agreement with his former student whom he trained since childhood.

Meanwhile in one hotel room, Syrus was sitting on the bed, looking melancholy. Drawing his knees to his chest, he sighed sadly, reflecting on when Zane got injured in the process of saving him from the horrid creatures. His older brother was currently recovering in the makeshift infirmary, looked over by various doctors led by Trafalgar Law.

"Sy? You okay?"

The light blue haired boy looked to see Hassleberry enter. He didn't answer the dino duelist who sat down next to him, followed by Chazz and Alexis.

"You're still worried about Zane, I take it?" Asked Alexis comfortingly.

Syrus nodded, before speaking in a voice of one close to tears. "Yeah...I can't believe that he went all out and risked his own life to save mine. And now he's laying in the infirmary, all injured. I'm very grateful that he got me out of this mess and I'm glad that Law fixed his injuries up but still..." He trailed off.

"At least your brother wasn't a cloned victim." Chazz remarked. "I even had to kill  a merged clone of my brothers. Sure, they disowned me back when I lost the school duel to Jaden and berated me for disgracing the Princeton name but they were still my brothers and I wouldn't ever dream of killing them."

Alexis nodded in agreement. "I even had to save Atticus too as well as my friends, Jasmine and Mindy. I'd feel the same way as you if I didn't." Placing a reassuring hand on Syrus', the dark blonde girl added. "What matters is that no matter what happens, we'll make it through this invasion."

"That's right, soldier. Not only that, your big bro will be back on his feet in no time."

A small smile crossed Syrus' face, upon hearing those words of reassurance. "You're right. At least we're all here together in this crisis. Where's Jaden anyway?"

"Sarge's still on duty with Yugi." Replied Hassleberry. "Also been keeping us up to date with all that's happening."

"Well, whatever updates, we get from him, let's hold tight until this invasion's over." The light blue haired boy concluded in finality.

In a separate room in the hotel, Inko was sitting by a window with the curtains closed, gazing out of the crack between them. Her dark green eyes held a deep concern and a spark of hope.

"Izuku..wherever you are...please come home safe..."

~~~

Out on deck, Izuku stood on the ship's bow, observing the horizon as the Sunny continued sailing on its way. Tanjiro, Nezuko and the others were all busy preparing for one last battle to end the invasion madness. It seemed like forever until the green haired boy spotted something ahead. Their destination looming in the distance.

"The overlord's nest is up ahead. We're almost there."

His eyes burned with determination.

"It's time."