[43.1] GREENWOOD (part-one)

•|•|•
How does one know this is their bonded, AMA? Is it only by scent? Am I therefore doomed to never find love?
•|•|•

[KAYOS ADREN PRIME]

I stare at her as if a ghost. Curled beside me like a dream, the only word fit to describe this vision of her.

Quiet as she sleeps, I am struck motionless, simply watching. Immobile at the weight of her presence.

Her scent is sweeter than the flowers that the endless grows to calm me, so much so, even they seem to tilt in a feeble attempt to touch the light coils of her hair, despite the non-existent breeze.

It knows.

The endless knows. She is something altogether different.

Hearing her voice was one thing, but seeing her in all her beauty, in these fields of peace is —ethereal.

I can not blink for I fear that if I do, I risk losing a second of all that is her.

I am breathless at the thought, breathless at the pure desperation in the notion.

I have kept away from her for four days, told myself I must see her soon, but in truth, I have been hiding. Hiding in the shallow grass and flowers of the endless.

I've been broken by Dane.

Sinking in a pit, deep and wide it tunnels me back to the endless and drives my wolf to the doors of insanity. It is the thought that I may not even be close to finding her.

Finding my mate. That is what has kept me here, away from Shade. For looking at her is torture. She reminds me I'm near and far from everything I desire. Her scent seduces and mocks me all at once.

And so, I sink into nothingness. In a place, I can not feel these things, even though I know the world is dark outside.

It seems I can not hide here in the endless. Not anymore. Not from her.

My gaze follows her as if entranced, every line, every curl. I find myself in disbelief.

She's here.

I breathe out lowly, my breath cool. Watching. Watching her.

To be in her presence is—it is utterly deceiving.

For I feel my heart betray me with every sighting of her. She is the key, and yet, her scent becomes more alluring the longer I stay in her presence.

Until I am simply trapped and I stare.

I stare.
I stare.

The shade of her lips—my head tilts, gaze gliding upward—the tangles of her hair, so thick, they cluster like grapes. The graze of her eyelashes round to the skin that puts the shadows of the endless to shame.

I can not breathe. I blink instead.

This trial that Selene has designed for me is.... beautiful. I am not certain if this means she despises me more than I know, or—the latter.

For this being before me—my breath is harsh against my lips, my wolf is a feral spark in the glint of my eye— will either guide me, or I will fail, and fall.

Fall.
Falling. gods, I am falling.

I stare at her, watch her breathe, delicate and alluring yet bold in her venture into the bowels of the endless.

My eyebrows gather.

No ordinary being can be here, at this moment as I am. Adeline was no ordinary being. She was bound to a being of chaos, that is what gave her access to the endless.