1

"Quan Jiaxi!"

A sudden scolding disrupted Quan Jiaxi's thoughts. He raised his head and saw the angry person in charge walking straight over.

"Why haven't you gone out to find supplies to get the crystals? If you can't hand over the crystals next week, don't stay here."

Quan Jiaxi, who was scolded, had a submissive expression and could only nod in response: "I understand, I'm sorry, I will find a way to earn crystal stones as soon as possible."

"Okay, come on, I don't want to kick you out, but you also know that rules are rules."

This is what he said, but the contempt in his eyes was very obvious. Quan Jiaxi is just an ordinary person without special powers. There is only one way to die when leaving the base.

After the person in charge left, Quan Jiaxi let out a long sigh. His face was dark, which was left behind when he worked as a coolie.

He didn't dare to wash it off, just because his fair and delicate skin had caused him several hardships in the last days, and even almost led to death.

After the end of the world, even good-looking men like him will be a little insecure.

There are many dirty people like him. After the end of the world, water resources are scarce and they are not conspicuous.

As an ordinary person, Quan Jiaxi really couldn't leave the base. He was lucky to escape, let alone go out to kill zombies to obtain crystal stones.

During this time, he has been worried. The base needs to hand over two crystals every month in order to stay, and he only has one in his hand.

Taking out a business card from his arms, Quan Jiaxi looked a little solemn. The institute is now recruiting people and needs to donate blood every day.

He went to donate some food last time and got some food. A few days later, someone suddenly came to him and left this business card, saying that if he needed crystal stones, he could go to him with the business card.

Jobs are scarce during this period, so now Quan Jiaxi can only try this path.

He was subconsciously afraid of the institute.

There is a place where zombie viruses are studied, and it is said that an antidote may be produced. There are many strange mutated zombies in it.

If it weren't for the real lack of crystal stones, he wouldn't have chosen this place. The hand holding the business card was sweating.

After arriving at the place, Quan Jiaxi handed the business card to the person at the front desk and found that the other person's expression was secretly surprised.

After being taken to the 15th floor by the front desk, it was very quiet here. Quan Jiaxi was extremely nervous until he entered the office, where sat a middle-aged man with a smile on his face.

"You're here, little one."

Pointing to the position in front of him, the man motioned for him to sit down: "Is there a crystal missing?"

"Right."

After sitting down restrainedly, Quan Jiaxi's face turned red: "Can I still earn crystal stones now?"

"Of course you can, and now I have a very stable job. I wonder if you are willing to accept it."

"What job?"

"I have a group of research subjects in my hands, and I need an assistant to help me record the data. It's 500 crystals per month. Do you want to come?"