6.

ZORGE

Seeing Ivret instantly soured my mood, mainly because he interrupted me while I talked to Arika. At first, she seemed scared of me, but she looked terrified as soon as Ivret entered the room. I didn't blame her. I'd be terrified, too, if I woke up after days and the first thing I saw was his ugly face.

"You were supposed to call me," Ivret growled at me, his voice reverberating through the whole room. I wanted to tell him to cut it because she was getting scared, but my annoyance got the best of me.

"And overwhelm her to the point of passing out? No, thank you. She's taking me well. You're an inconvenience," I told him in his face. His eyes widened, and his nostrils flared. I knew my words had pushed him to the edge—that's what I intended to do. Seeing his reaction satisfied me a bit.

"You're forgetting that I'm the healer here," Ivret growled, looking ready to pounce at me and take me down. I took my position because I was more than ready to settle it here. I wanted to be over with this already. Since we shifted Arika to the guard's room, Ivret grew increasingly annoying.

I was only tolerating him because he knew how to heal Arika. He spent all his time in the library, reading about the humans as much as he could. However, now he was grinding on my nerves.

"And you're forgetting that I found her first," I growled and heard a gasp. This made me look at Arika. She was up from the cot and was leaning against the wall. Her beautiful blue eyes were wide with shock as she looked between Ivret and me. "Look, you scared her again,"

This time, Ivret ignored me and turned to Arika, who blanched considerably.

"Sit," Ivret hissed at her, pointing to the cot. Arika glanced at me briefly to see what I'd say, but she quickly returned to the cot and sat there quietly. However, I didn't miss how her body looked tense. Even if I could not read her emotions, I could read her body language.

"Er—wait!" Arika shrieked when Ivret stepped close to her. I wanted to tackle him, but I clenched my jaw and fists. If I attacked Ivret in front of Arika, it might scare her. I didn't want her to be scared. Though I gave a warning growl just to let him know I wouldn't tolerate shit.

"I need to check her vitals," Ivret hissed at me, but he took another careful step closer to her. As he extended his hand to check the pulse on her neck, Arika yelped and jumped back in the cot, surprising the two of us.

"Is that your hand?" She asked with shock and horror.

"Of course," Ivret frowned.

"He has ugly hands just like his face," I said. Arika made a noise that sounded like a suppressed laugh. I couldn't judge that noise because Ivret's growl masked it.

"Look, these are my hands," Ivret held out both hands for Arika to see. She eyed them warily from her position on the cot but didn't move. "Are you scared of them? They almost look the same as yours,"

"I don't have those black things," She said, pointing to his nails. "And neither those scales,"

"I noticed," I said.

"These are my nails. They're harder and a bit sharper, but they are completely normal," Ivret told Arika, but she didn't look convinced. I glanced at my own hands and wondered if she'd react the same way to them. My hands were as normal as they could be in this form.

"I don't want to be touched," She said dismissively, and I snorted. She glanced at me briefly but looked away. I didn't like that. I wanted to see more of her blue eyes. I wanted them to be on me all the time.

"I'll check her vitals," I offered, hopeful she'd let me touch her.

"No," She shot instantly and this time, Ivret snorted. I wanted to punch him in the face right away,

"It was all going well until you arrived," I shot at Ivret. He ignored me and tried again.

"Arika, let me check your vitals. You've been unconscious for a couple of days," Ivret requested, but she shook her head, a hint of mischief in her eyes. I was enjoying how she was turning him down constantly, but I'd have enjoyed it more if she'd let me touch her.

"First, tell me where you two found me and why I was unconscious," She demanded. I crossed my arms on my chest.

"I found you on the abandoned port of Kersas," I said out loud. Ivret groaned because my words pricked him in the right place. "I found you unconscious and covered in blood, but you had no injuries. There was a fire nearby you. Looked like a huge explosion. Do you remember—"

"Wait, who checked me for injuries?" She shot, straightening up.

"We both did," Ivret answered this time, and I didn't miss how blood rushed to her face.

"Did you take all of my clothes off?" She asked, a hint of panic in her voice.

"Yes," Ivret and I answered at the same time.

"You don't have any scales on your body," I remembered. She didn't have any scales or any substantial muscles. She was lean and... soft. I remembered her softness very clearly, and it made something in me ache. The urge to touch her again washed over me.

"Because she isn't a dragon," Ivret snapped.

"That was so rude of you two," Arika hissed at the two of us, wrapping her arms around herself, and in doing that, she pushed her breasts up. I remembered them clearly, especially their pink tips that had oddly made my mouth water. It made my cock hard thinking about them.

"Rude? Don't humans look under each other's clothes?" I wonder out loud. Us dragons didn't care about such things. We wore clothes to be safe from the weather.

"Yes! It's considered rude to look under one's clothes without their permission!" she shot angrily. Whatever shock and terror had been on her face previously was gone suddenly. I studied her reaction closely, mentally cataloguing her expressions. She was interesting— as interesting as her strange human customs.

"Well, you were unconscious, and we quickly needed to check for wounds because you were covered in blood, looked pale and weren't breathing," Ivret told her, and she glared at us, still not ready to accept this. "Now, let me check your vitals. It's for your wellbeing,"

"I'm not letting you two touch me," She hissed, glaring at the both of us. Ivret sighed deeply, trying to make his annoyance while I cocked an eyebrow at her.

That sounded like a challenge to me, and I loved a good challenge.

~

What do you think of the Dragons so far? Comment and let me know. 

Read daily updates on Patreon for this book. Also available on Patreon- Her Alpha Mates, HAM alt story and bonus scenes and many other exclusive stories. The link is in my bio. 

Thanks for reading.