15.

RADROX

I perched on the top of the highest glacier in the area, bolding wings in the side and searching the horizon for anything unusual despite the storm. I'd been patrolling our territory for the past few days, searching for any hints of the dragon who dared to step foot in our territory. But just like yesterday, there was nothing.

But I wasn't going to give up. Someone had infiltrated our territory, and I was going to find them at any cost. I spread my wings and took to the air again, keeping a keen eye on everything under me.

Even though the storm was growing stronger and stronger, it didn't bother me. My wingspan was the widest, the fingers in my wing had double sets of bones, and my wing membrane was the thickest. It helped me fly even in the strongest storms, but despite my strength, my red scales were my biggest downside. I stood out in the snow like a sore thumb, easy to see even from far away, and I knew that the interloper was using this against me.

As soon as he saw a red patch in the sky, he hid himself. This irked me even more. Zorge would have been better at this job. His grey scales easily blended in with the storm and the snow, but this was my turn to patrol, and so here I was, flying fruitlessly for days, looking for the interloper.

However, my shift was finally coming to an end. I could head home tonight, and it'd be Ivret's turn for patrolling. I'd rest for the rest of the month and train and... I don't know. I'd figure out the rest once I returned to the Gallow castle.

But before I could head there, I flew towards the sea to check out our A-nard rig to ensure it hadn't been disturbed. I perked on a glacier nearby as I watched the rig working in the sea. I sensed the rig's magic in the air. It was still intact and working well but would need a few touchups. Ivret would do that when he's out patrolling.

I was tired and needed rest. I watched the rig for a couple more minutes before finally heading toward the Gallow castle. The sight of the castle seemed to make me feel more tired. As I landed in front of one of the hidden doors of the castle and shifted into my human form, I kept imagining my bed and how good it'd feel to sleep in it.

With that thought, I headed inside. I put on my thick hide and then busied myself by closing the door tightly so no cold air could enter the castle and disrupt the heating enchantment. While I was doing so, I heard footsteps behind me.

I caught an unfamiliar yet sweet scent that made me turn abruptly. As soon as I turned, I was staring into the most vibrant, wide blue eyes I'd ever seen. However, those blue eyes lacked a soft glow in them, and I wondered why.

However, I didn't have to wonder why the eyes weren't glowing for long. As I shifted my focus from the eyes to the rest of the person, I was first shocked to see no scales, horns, or dragon features. The owner of those striking blue eyes seemed as surprised and horrified to see me as I was.

While I was trying to make sense of who this was, Ivret and Zorge emerged behind the person.

"There she is!" Zorge roared, and his words registered very clearly in my brain even though I was debilitatingly exhausted.

She.

A female.

In Gallow Castle.

This had never happened before.

I looked back at her, and instantly, all her feminine features struck me like a lightning bolt. Her face was soft, and she had a full chest hidden under her strange clothes. Her chest rose and fell rapidly as she was breathing hard. Her eyes were still set on me, wide and filled with shock.

"Radrox is back," Ivret announced and instantly, the female in front of me started falling. Before she could hit the ground, I closed in and caught her just in time to see her striking blue eyes flutter shut.

"Who is she?" I asked, taking in her features. I could tell she was a human immediately, but who was she, and what was she doing in Gallow Castle? Ivret and Zorge rushed to my side instantly, ignoring my question.

As Zorge tried to reach for her, Ivret swatted his hand away, growling at him.

"She ran because of you!" Ivret accused Zorge while he held the female's hand to examine her vitals. "She's still very weak. Whatever energy she had, she spent it all on running," Ivret noted.

"This happened because of you!" Zorge blamed Ivret while I waited for them to explain who this female was and what she was doing in the Arctic. No humans were allowed here; the weather would kill them even if they tried to be here. This made her presence here even more curious.

"Me? What did I do? You were the one who jumped, and she ran," Ivret shot back. Zorge flashed Ivret his canines, growing threateningly. Ivret growled back at him in the most hostile manner. This was surprising to see. Not that Zorge and Ivret were best friends. They tolerated each other, and Zorge often tried to irritate the former, but I'd never seen them like this before.

"You took her from me," Zorge growled.

"Because she was hungry,"

"You touched her!"

"She touched me on her own accord. You're jealous she chose me over you!" Ivret growled with savages that I'd never seen before. I was increasingly surprised and bewildered as I watched the two fight. Meanwhile, the female lay limp in my arms, her lips lightly parted and face pale. I watched her while they fought.

"It doesn't matter who she chooses! I found her first. She is mine!" Zorge growled. For some reason, Zorge's claim on her irked me deeply. The more I stared at her face, the more his words cut somewhere. Even though Zorge was my brother and we hardly fought, I felt infected by Ivret's hostility towards my brother.

"STOP!" I growled until the two stopped for a second.

"Tell me who she is and how she got here?" I managed to ask.

"She's Arika," Zorge answered, and for some reason, her name sounded very familiar. "We found her at the port where she was supposed to deliver the computers," RRealizationfinally snapped into place, and I rose, holding her closer.

"Where are the computers?" I asked. The two exchanged a look before Ivret answered.

"She hasn't said anything about them yet," Ivret answered, and I looked at her, huffing.

"So you two brought her here because she could not meet the deal?" I asked, playing with the idea in my head. I didn't hate it as much. The computers were important but fuck computers. A female was worth more in every way, and suddenly, I could see why the two were fighting. "If that's the case, then she has to be shared with me,"

"No, I found her first," My brother snapped at me, and Ivret joined soon, "She hasn't said anything about the computers yet. She said she has them somewhere,"

The deal would be fulfilled if she had the computers, and we'd have to let her go. I didn't like the idea very much. Zorge smirked at me-that bastard. He could see what I was thinking even though he swore he could only sense others' feelings.

"Alright then, we'll wait for her to wake up and show us the computers," I said. "She'd be our price if she failed to present the computers to us," Zorge's eyes lit up with enthusiasm.

"She'd be equally shared since it was an equal deal among us," Ivret stated, glaring at Zorge. "But what if she gives us the computers? What happens then?" That question was important, but I didn't want to acknowledge it.

"You know the answer to that," I growled, and realisation flashed in both of their eyes.

She's ours now.

~

What do you think of Radrox? Comment and let me know.

Read daily updates on Patreon. The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3