17.

RADROX

"In those computers is a perfect reason for you to break the treaty and conquer everything in the South," she whispered. Her voice was like the most delicate silk woven by the Dotharkis. It awakened a part of me with a sensation I'd never felt.

Even though she was a mere human, there was something enthralling about her that seemed to swallow me whole. I could see more clearly why Ivret and Zorge were fighting over her.

I stared at her plump lips and studied how they moved as she spoke. I recorded everything about her in my head, including her sweet scent. It was faint in the air but made my mouth water uncontrollably.

I was tempted to close in the remaining distance between us and lick her to get a taste of her. Her pale skin looked deliciously inviting to me. I wondered how it'd feel like to sink my teeth in her skin. I snapped out of the train of thought.

I needed to focus on what she was saying, yet a part of me kept wondering how she'd taste. The thought was addicting, and I knew that it would keep plaguing my head until I gave in to my desires and tasted her.

I'd been watching her sleep for the past couple of hours, memorising everything about her, but it didn't seem enough for me, especially now that she was so close to me. No female had been this close to me because of my colour.

Of all the colours, I happened to be a deep red— the most cursed colour a dragon could be. And if it wasn't my cursed red colour, my ugly scar was enough to scare any female away. Not that I got to be around many females in the first place. There weren't many dragon females left here, and the ones left wouldn't even glance at me.

... but this female... this human female, she was acting different. When she woke up first and found me sitting beside her cot, she'd almost looked scared of me, and that had already crushed a part of me, but then, she crawled up to me, so close— almost a few inches away from my face. This was the closest I'd ever been to a female.

She stared at me with her enchanting dark blue eyes. I'd only seen that shade of blue out in the open sea, free of the floating ice caps.

When I looked her back in the eyes, she seemed to flinch but didn't move from her position. Her hot breath fanned my face, making me wonder what would happen if I were to close the distance between us.

I could take the chance and close the distance, but at what cost? It'd only scare her, so I stilled and watched her. I wanted to see what she had.

"What could that be?" I asked. Something flickered in her eyes, and I didn't miss how the tip of her lips tugged up into an almost smirk. My eyes lingered on her lips for a couple more seconds.

"Why should I tell you?" She asked, sitting back and widening the distance between us. I didn't like it, but I didn't show it. I cocked an eyebrow at her.

"Like I said, you're at our mercy here," I reminded her. The small smile was instantly wiped off her face, and she glared at me instead.

"Was that a threat?" she asked, tilting her head to one side. Something fierce burned in her eyes as if she could do something about it, even if it were a threat.

"You can consider it one. Tell me where the computers are exactly," I demanded coldly. She thinned her lips and gave me a stern look, disliking my directness.

"What would you do if I didn't tell you?" She asked after a pause. "Would you kill me?" Even though she tried to sound casual by asking the question, I sensed a hint of fear in her voice.

"There are worse things than death," I decided to push and see where it'd go. The scent that belonged to her suddenly turned somewhat sour. It was her fear.

She didn't show it on the surface, but she was afraid, and it should've pleased me because it meant that I was doing my job right. But it soured the taste in my mouth. I decided I preferred her fearless scent, but at the same time, I wanted her to know that she was in no position to make demands. She was helpless in this situation. She and I knew this, yet she didn't want to acknowledge that.

"Like what?" she asked. This was another thing that intrigued me about her. Even though she seemed afraid, she kept pushing, which was somewhat admirable. There was a fire in her.

"Anything you can imagine but worse," I told her and her eyes widened. Her head snapped towards the door as if she was contemplating running. "And you'll be dragged back if you run again,"

"I wasn't running then," she said. "I got scared seeing the two fight,"

"Sure," I shrugged, and she clenched her jaw and glared at me. "And even if you managed to find your way out of the castle by some stroke of luck, you'll freeze to death. That'd be the stupidest way to die, and even though I don't think humans are that smart, I expect them not to be this stupid either," I told her, and instead of being more frightened, she glared at me.

"Where is Zorge? Ivret? I'd like to talk to the two," she demanded. I was about to tell her they were away and that she could only talk to me now, but Zorge walked in.

"I heard her call for me," Zorge announced as if he wasn't lingering in the hallway all this time. I wanted to curse at him for interrupting, but an intense fire of jealousy started blazing in my chest when I saw how Ariak's eyes lit up when she saw my brother.

To make matters worse, her scent changed into a much sweeter and more potent version as she smiled at my brother and looked at him with pleasure. I grunted. Of course, she liked Zorge. He had the looks and the charm. He was a grey dragon with silver all over his unscarred body. Before this, I hadn't cared about such things, but suddenly, I wanted to punch my brother.

"Zogre, you're back on time!" Arika chirped. Zorge looked slightly bewildered, but he accepted her smile and enthusiasm. "Radroz was bothering me so much!"

"Yeah, he could be like that sometimes," Zorge sighed, giving me a grudging look. He was mad at me because it was Ivret's turn for patrolling duty, but I assigned it to him instead because Ivret needed to stay here to look after the female.

"I don't want to see him again, and I'm hungry. Can you take me to the kitchen again, pleeeeease?" She pouted.

I was expecting my brother to say no. Instead, Zorge nodded.

"But don't run again," He warned her.

"I won't run again unless you scare me by picking a fight," Arika said. With that, she almost jumped out of the cot and held onto Zorge's arm before leaving the room.

However, she peeked back a second later and stuck out her tongue at me.

I wasn't familiar with human customs, but I knew she'd done that to mock me. I growled at her. The cot shook with my growl, but instead of scaring her, she laughed and said something to Zorge before heading away.

I needed to wait until Zorge was gone for his patrolling shift. Then, I'd talk to her.

~

Please comment and let me know what you think about the story so far. I appreciate all the comments :D

Read daily updates on Patreon. The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3