28.

ARIKA

When Ivret left my room, I regretted sleeping in the guard's room. I should've listened to Ivy and slept in his bedroom instead because while I lay in the bed, waiting for sleep, I couldn't help but notice all the eerie noises the castle was making.

It wasn't comforting at all. I was more used to the noise of the sea and rain and maybe some dolphins and whales, but this was an utter nightmare for me. As I lay in bed, I started to miss the sea and my ship, Princella. I was missing her so much. I wondered in what condition she was. I tried to remember when I was last onboard, but I couldn't remember.

No matter how hard I tried, some of my memory seemed missing. I couldn't remember getting into a situation where the dragons found me. The last thing I remembered before waking up here was setting up a meeting with my step-sister Myra for the servers. I remembered setting up a trap for her, but the details were lost.

I couldn't remember if we ever met and what happened after that. I couldn't remember anything, especially regarding the servers, and this was eating me away. Because no matter how hard I tried charming these dragons, they'd ask me about the servers someday, and I'd have to have something for that. Also, I wasn't fond of losing three chests of Drakkon gold just because my stupid brain couldn't recall where I'd hidden the servers.

This is constantly bugging me. I needed to find some way... or maybe buy more time until I could remember where I'd hidden the servers. Until then, I needed to play all my cards; otherwise, I was afraid Radrox or Zorge would out me.

I was glad that Zorge was not here right now. I didn't want that mind-reading dragon anywhere near me at this moment. Actually, I hoped something would happen to him and he'd fail to return to this place. That'd be a huge convenience for me.

With Zorge out of the picture, I'd only need to deal with Radrox and Ivret. While I'd estimated that Ivret would be easier to deal with, I'd been proven wrong. Ivret was very possessive. If I'd allowed him, he'd have slept on the floor of this room to be with me.

However, I could still make him leave me alone so I could think straight for a moment. But Radrox— he was my main fear. I knew he'd been watching us while I was in the bath with Ivret. I knew he'd followed us to the tower as well. That's why I locked the door to keep him out.

I knew that red dragon was out there, lurking and waiting to pounce on me, but I wouldn't let him catch me unguarded... or that's what I thought.

I froze on the cot when I heard the door of my room shudder. I sucked in a breath and pulled the furs over me. Someone was trying to break in, and I didn't have to guess who it could be. I was sure it was Radrox. There was no one else in this entire castle other than those two dragons and me, and this was an entire thing to be worried about in itself, but for now, I focused on the door.

It creaked open as quietly as possible before I heard heavy footsteps enter my room. I stilled like a statue and heard the footsteps as they stopped by my cot. I felt like I was being watched in the next moment. I kept my eyes closed and my breaths deep to make him think I was asleep, but he wouldn't leave me even after a few moments.

Finally, I decided to face him. There was no use pretending to be asleep because Radrox seemed as determined as me. Even if I were sleeping, he'd have ensured that I woke up to him just like last time. Confronting him now was the best option.

I looked over my shoulder to find Radrox standing over my cot and glared hard at him. I wanted to scream because even though I was prepared to see him, his ugly and scarred face unnerved me at first glance. Radrox was not easy on the eyes, which was just half his problem.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I hissed, and in return, he flashed me his teeth in what seemed like a sneer, but that nasty scar on his face distorted his expression. Flashing his teeth worked on me because I didn't miss his sharp canines. I tried not to think how sharp they were and how they'd feel digging into my throat.

"It's now my turn with you, Arika," Radrox said darkly, reminding me of the other half of his problem— his rotten personality. But at that moment, his words unnerved me more than his ugly face.

I sat up, my heart throbbing painfully in my chest.

"What do you mean by your turn?" I asked, maintaining a distance between us because it was hard to read Radrox. He could do anything.

Radrox flashed his dangerous teeth again and replied, "You know what I mean—"

"No, I don't," I snapped at him. I couldn't fight him physically, but I could annoy him before he decided to just burn me to a crisp. This was my strategy for dealing with him for now. The red dragon narrowed his eyes at me.

"I saw you with Ivret in the bath and—"

"— that makes you a pervert—"

"— And I know what your intentions are—"

"— you're jealous because you weren't the one with me there," I cut him, and this shut him up. He clenched his jaw and glared at me. The room's temperature seemed to have climbed up a notch or two for some reason. It was suddenly hot, and the fire in the hearth wasn't even that strong.

"I'm not jealous," He said after a second of tense pause.

That always meant a person was jealous.

I wanted to laugh at his face for even saying that. It was so childish.

"Oh really?" I asked amusedly, shifting slightly so that the fur blanket would slip off my shoulder slightly and expose my skin to him. "Are you sure?"

"You're seducing him because you know he'll do anything for you," Radrox accused me. Even though he was right, and I almost panicked for a second because he saw right through me, I maintained my flirty smile.

"Could you blame him?" I asked. "Could you blame me? Ivret's just the dream guy. He's the best lover," I purred, letting the fur slip more from my shoulder until he could see the top of my right breast. I didn't miss how his eyes lingered on my skin for a second longer.

"He's nice to you because he hasn't touched a woman in a long time," Radrox hissed, making me laugh.

"And you seem like women beg you to sleep with them," I shot back without thinking twice. Well, I should've thought twice because I was dealing with a dragon who could supposedly blow fire.

A growl was the only warning I got before Radrox was in front of me in the blink of an eye. I yelped and tried crawling away, but my back was already against the wall. To make matters worse, he grabbed my face, digging his claws into my cheek.

"I'll make you swallow those words," Radrox growled at me. This should've been a serious enough warning for me, but I loved playing with fire.

"Make me swallow them," I told him, glaring into his burning red eyes. His touch had a burning intensity to it, and I was afraid he would leave scorch marks on my cheeks. My words seemed to make his eyes burn even brighter red.

"Alright then," He growled, and before I knew it, he wrapped me in the furs, threw me over his shoulder and walked out of the room. I tried to make a noise, but he clamped my mouth and silenced me. I tried to kick my legs, but they got caught in the fur blanket.

"I'm going to make you swallow those words, Arika. Don't think that I'm anything like Ivret or Zorge. You don't talk to me like that and get away with it. I'm a dragon, and you're a nasty little human who needs to be shown her place. But don't worry, everything will become clear to you tonight," 

~

Eek! What do you think Rad's is going to do with her?

Read up to chapter 65 on Patreon along with daily updates. The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3