13.

ZORGE

I paced outside the door to Ivret's tower, fuming. I was also restless to see the human woman, Arika. I wondered what was taking the two so long. As far as I knew, grilling didn't take almost an hour.

This meant only one thing— Ivret had claimed her, and since I couldn't step foot in his tower, I'd never get to see her again. The thought enraged me. I wouldn't let this happen. I wouldn't let Ivret keep that woman all to himself. I found her first. My claim on her was legitimate and paramount. She belonged to me FIRST, and I was the one who got to decide who else she could be with.

I clenched my teeth and glared at the door. I could knock it down easily, but the enchantment might attack me. Ivret might be aloof sometimes, but his healing powers and enchantment-casting skills were unmatched.

Still, I wanted that female. She was mine and I wouldn't let Ivret sweep her from under my nose just like that.

Finally, after pondering enough, I decided to break in. However, I wasn't sure if I could break the enchantment and how it'd react to me, but I decided to give it a try either way. It'd be worth it if I could get to Arika.

I tried to sense the enchantment to judge what level it belonged to. If it was under level 5, I could break through one way or the other, but anything above level 5 was out of my league. I couldn't do much in that case, and that thought scared and angered me simultaneously.

I closed my eyes and tried to listen to the buzzing noise of the enchantment. After a minute of listening, I realized that it was a level 3 enchantment. It relieved me for a second. I could take down a level 3 enchantment with some grit. It wasn't anything near impossible.

I gathered all my strength before barging straight at the door. I was expecting it to fly open, but it didn't even butch a bit. Instead, pain shot through my right shoulder and stretched to my chest, making me wince.

I couldn't let this deter me. I needed to break in. I slammed myself against the door a couple more times, and when nothing happened, I decided to shift and use my dragon strength to knock the door down. Fortunately, the hallway was big enough to accommodate my dragon form, but I couldn't extend my wings. Nonetheless, it was worth the trouble. I'd never tried to break through an enchantment, especially the one cast by Ivret.

I never found anything interesting in Ivret's tower. However, I'd often sneak in to mess things around to annoy him, which made him cast the enchantment spell over the whole place to keep me out. Not that I cared about it even after that, but now that the female was inside his tower, I wanted her out of there. I didn't want the two to be alone. At all.

I let my fur cloak fall around me and quickly got out of my pants before shifting into my dragon form. However, I overestimated the hallway's capability to accommodate my dragon form. I couldn't even move my long neck, and my sides were pressed painfully against the walls, making me feel claustrophobic.

My primal mind threatened to take over and escape the confinement, but I focused on the door instead. I need to knock that down. With an enormous claw, I swiped at the door. At first, it didn't budge, but when I clenched my fist and drove it straight to the door, it fell inward, along with a part of the wall.

Success!!

Ivret would be pissed if he saw this, but I didn't care. He shouldn't have taken the female with him to a place where I couldn't access her.

I noticed a strange sizzle in the air and realized that the enchantment was preparing to zap the door and the wall back to its original position. I needed to be quick and infiltrate the tower. I shifted back quickly and grabbed my clothes before dashing inside.