18.

ARIKA

I decided that I hated Radrox as I walked out of the room.

Even though I tried to ignore his ugly, scarred face, his surly nature was something I couldn't overlook. Zorge was the best in those terms, and Ivret was just a clueless sweetheart.

I wouldn't think twice before stabbing Rodrox.

Zorge? It would depend on the situation, and I'd probably feel like a monster stabbing Ivret.

In fact, I felt terrible even thinking about using him to get out of here, but I had to do whatever I gotta do. My safety was more important than breaking a few dragon hearts. I had broken a few hearts here and there before. I wouldn't mind breaking a couple more hearts, especially dragon ones. It'd be excellent for my portfolio of heartbreak victims.

The next time I got on my ship, I would make some trophy to show off how I'd broken some dragon hearts. Or maybe I'd steal something from them as a trophy. It was an exciting thought. I'd have to see what I could steal from them.

"Why is he like that?" I asked Zorge, patting his arm while he led me towards the kitchen. I didn't know why, but his body felt slightly tense under my touch.

"That's just how he is from the beginning," Zorge shrugged.

"Was he like that before getting the scar on his face?" I wondered, trying to understand Radrox. Knowing your enemy was always the best thing, and even though I didn't want to do anything with Radrox, knowing his weakest points would give me an advantage.

Was he insecure about his scar? I wondered. I might not be able to beat him physically, but I could always outsmart him by leveraging any insecurities.

"No, he was like that from the beginning. The scar just made it worse," Zorge replied.

"Does it bother him? The scar?" I asked. "I mean, I'd be pretty self-conscious and pissy too if I had an ugly scar dividing my face in two," I told him.

"You think he's ugly?" Zogre asked. At first, I thought he was taking offence, but then I realized he sounded rather curious.

"Honestly, yes, and he's terrible to talk to. He said we humans are stupid. Do you think the same way, Zorge?" I asked. For some reason, he tensed up more under my touch, and that was when I realized—

Why was I holding onto his arm like we were besties?

Instantly, I dropped my arm, and Zorge glanced at me, a frown on his face.

"I'm not running," I assured him, matching his steps, but he shook his head and stared ahead. "Where's Ivret?" I asked.

"He's working," Zorge gritted out his answer. "And don't talk to me about him. I couldn't care less about him."

"Why did you get mad at him?" I decided to ask, but I wasn't expecting him to halt suddenly and turn to face me with fire seething in his eyes.

"Why did you touch him?" he asked me, taking a step threateningly close to me. I didn't move an inch. Instead, I held my ground and stared back at him. Zorge was close enough to me—so close that I noticed something peculiar. The shape of his slightly hooded eyes looked somewhat similar to Radrox's.

I wondered if the two were related.

"I touched him because I'd never seen scales on a body before," I told him, sounding innocent, but I wanted to see how he'd react. It was evident that Zorge didn't like it when I paid more attention to Ivret. By now, it was clear that the two liked to compete, and I was going to exploit this to hell.

"Ivret's scales are ugly," He told me fiercely. "You should've asked me instead,"

I tilted my head to the side and peered into his dark grey eyes, which had a few blue streaks. They were mesmerizing, especially with the strange glow in them.

"Really? You would've shown me your scales had I asked?" I asked, changing my voice's inflexion to a low, seductive one. In response, the blue shards in his eyes seemed more vibrant and deep. My question took him by surprise.

"You want to see my scales?" Zorge asked, taking a step closer until our toes were almost brushing. His eyes burned like a furnace as he stared at me, waiting for the answer.

"Would you show me if I say yes?" I decided to play the game. Zorge's eyes brightened at my words, making me smile slyly at him. A heated and hungry look took over his face.

"You can see mine as long as I can see yours," he said, edging even closer until I had my back pressed against the wall, and he was so close and towering over me. I bit my lip and stared at him, thinking of all the possibilities.

This was the best opportunity for me to seduce him and find his weakest points. I still didn't know what power class Zorge belonged to. He was holding off on this information. Zorge tilted his head to the side, waiting for my response. A brief look of frustration flashed on his face, but he wiped it off suddenly. I wondered what that was about.

"But I don't have any scales," I kept up my innocent game just to see if he'd fall for it, and he fell for it. Hard. I could tell just by looking at his eyes. They were so bright they could light up the hallway if the floating lights suddenly went off.

"I know humans don't have scales, Arika," Zorge said. "I want to see how you look without scales," he said.

"Didn't you look at me when you searched for wounds while I was unconscious?" I asked, crossing my arms on my chest. The hopeful look on his face faded.

"I want to look properly this time," He said gruffly.

"Okay," I huffed. "I'll think about it, but first, I need to eat, and I still haven't bathed," I reminded him.

"Alright, we'll bathe together after you're done eating," Zorge stated.

"No," I said. "I will bathe myself. I said I'd think about it. Didn't I?" I reminded him, and instantly, he looked annoyed.

"Alright," he gritted. "but I'll feed you the way Ivret was feeding you while you sat on his lap," he said, taking my arm. I ignored the strange tingle that travelled up my arm from his touch.

"We'll see about that," I gritted out, letting him tug me towards the kitchen.

Suddenly, a strange feeling crept on me. It was as if someone was watching me. I looked over my shoulder just in time to see something red disappear around the corner.

Radrox? I wondered. 

~

What do you think that was? What do you think of Zorge? 

Read daily updates on Patreon. The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3