Vacation Sucks!...Wait, a Hot Lifeguard? (34)

Sorry if it's all over the place...but WHATEVER! Happy reading. COMMENT/VOTE =]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mom pregnant? Big shocker there. I should have known something was up with the way she was acting all morning or the when she didn't want dad to come with us but wanted me to go. I don't even want to imagine what would have happened if dad didn't come and it was just me, her and brothers. Even after five minutes in silence staring at each other and thinking I find it hard to believe that in nine months mom would be adding another member to our family.

Another thing I noticed was mom for the first time in years was acting shy. She didn't look at me or Jordan her eyes were locked with dads and dad couldn't keep his smile off his face. I wanted to ask when exactly all this came about and if it was planned pregnancy but somehow that made me feel nosy.

Beside me Adrian was sound asleep with his head on Jordan's arm.

"Since when?" Jordan asked. I looked back up at mom, expecting her to say something since she's usually the one in charge but my dad was the one who spoke up. "Since I did the deed with your mother." I covered my ears so I could block that horrible image out of my head but the damage was already done.

Mom punched dad in the arm hard and pointed at Adrian. "Hun, Adrian's is in the car!"

Dad shrugged. "He's not listening. He's asleep" He was sure of this but still he glanced behind him to make sure.

Jordan didn't wait to ask another question like I would've. He was past being shocked. "How did you find out?"

Dad again answered. "Like normal people...we bought a test."

Jordan shook his head. "I know I'm not stupid. When did you do the test?" Jordan was getting up and personal with the questions. I silently listened.

"In the bathroom." Mom said, meeting Jordan's gaze.

"EW!" Jordan shouted. He looked away mom and out the window. I rolled my eyes at him and looked out the window myself. A car idly waited for the parking spot we were in.

"You asked!" Mom laughed. She kissed dad on the cheek before putting the car in reverse and backing out of the parking spot.

"But I didn't expect him to answer me. That's nasty." Jordan shouted. Beside me Adrian stirred but didn't wake up. Instead he shifted his body to curl up next to me.

"So me being pregnant is nasty?" Mom glared at Jordan through the mirror in the car and I looked away. Not that her being pregnant is nasty but it was just unexpected. 

"No...dad is nasty for answering all my questions." Jordan pointed out. Dad chucked. He would find this situation funny.

"Congrats mom." I said cheerfully. Mom smiled to herself while she drove out of the Walmart parking lot onto the main roads.

"Where to next kiddos?" Dad asked while glancing out at some of the other hotels and motels. I did the same during the car ride.

"Hotel." Jordan and I said in unison. I needed to get away from these people. Especially Jordan. The hotels we passed up each had a different attraction. Some motels we passed though only had a small outdoor pool. We passed Mount Olympus and Hotel Rome. Every few seconds mom would try to start a conversation but the only person who would say something back is dad. 

Mom sighed loudly, turned off Adrian's small TV and the radio. "What's going on? Why are you two so serious?"

Jordan was quick to point fingers. "Ask her. She's the one jealous because I have a gorgeous date tonight."