Chapter 48 (part 1)

"Alexa, why are you so worried about the dance? It should be fun. It's nothing to worry about." Ethan spared a moment to kiss my cheek for reassurance and went back to playing his stupid video game.

Why I let him talk me into coming over to his house again is beyond me, but luckily his dad was out at work.

So dealing with his dad's little random lash outs wasn't the problem.

The problem was the video game.

 Ninety percent of Ethan's attention was all on his stupid zombie killing saving the world video game, seven percent on what his stepmom was going to cook for lunch and three percent what I was saying.

"There's a lot to worry about." I said while picking at the very bottom of my penguin shirt. "First of all I can't dance...except for some random moves my dad showed me and everything I have looks ugly on me."

Ethan sighed loudly. "You're over exaggerating. I think you look cute in everything you wear."

"You're just saying that because you want to stay on my good side."

"Yeah, you're right." He said mindlessly, and smirked after the moment of silence.

"You suck!" I glared at Ethan but he didn't seem to notice.

"I love you."

"That isn't going to work on me this time." I crossed my hands over my chest and stared angrily at the television.

Ethan killed yet another group of ugly zombies by throwing a grenade. "Isn't it? Are you sure about that? All my ticks work on you.

"I'm positive." Ethan paused the game and pulled me onto of his lap. "I think you need to tell me you love me back or else I'm going to have to tickle you to death."

"I'm not ticklish." I lied.

Ethan trailed small kisses down my cheek toward my neck. He suddenly stopped, I held my breath as he spoke against my neck. "Are you now? I never knew you weren't ticklish. We have to test that theory out."

"No!" I tried to pry Ethan's hands off me but his grip was too strong.

"Yes."

Ethan wound his hands and finger tips around my stomach and started ticking me.

I held my breath, trying to stop myself from the inevitable. Of course I'm ticklish...and soon enough I started laughing proving Ethan right once again.

Ethan had me gasping for air by the time he left me alone to keep playing his game. "Told you I'd tickle you to death."

As soon as I was able to breathe again I punched Ethan playfully in the shoulder. "You are so mean. I hate being tickled."

"I'll try to keep that in mind the next time I decide to tickle you and I was joking babe about you looking ugly in what you wear. You know I find you incredibly irresistible in anything you wear."

"Shut up, flattery won't get you on my good side. Now hand over the controller so I can beat you in this came and claim bragging rights."
~~~~~~~~~~-~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
End of the summer dance party? Yep, sounds like loads of fun. Except for the most complicated person in the whole world...me.

Getting ready for things like that just isn't my thing. First I always wear the wrong thing and second my family always tends to do something horrible/embarrassing. Last dinner party my dad and mom went too...let's just say my dad came back with ten or eleven boxes of stolen cookies and mom had someone else's purse.

My hair stuck up in all sorts of directions and nothing was working for me so I had to get in the shower and wash my hair with the lodges shampoo since we ran out of our normal shampoo.