Vacation Sucks...Wait, a Hot Lifeguard? (5)

He emerged from the water and splashed water in my face. "So...it wasn't enough to stand me up on our 'date' but now you go and pull me into the water...while I'm on duty? That's so not helping you out with the cuteness points." My cheeks turned a bright red after he said cuteness points.

"Cuteness points?" I slashed water in his face.

"Yes cuteness points!" He quickly splashed water back at me and I closed my eyes so none of the chlorine water would get in my eyes.

He started splashing me so much that I couldn't even manage to splash him back. I tried to swim away but he stayed as close as possible to me until he was close enough to push me under the water. I wasn't under for very long because he lifted me out of the pool and put me on his shoulders, my feet were dangling partially in the water while I stared at his back.

"Put me down!" I yelled.

"Sorry sweet heart, no can do."

"Don't call me that." I snapped. "And yes you can."

"Thank you for giving me permission to take you out on a date."

"What do you mean? I did no such thing!" He carried me out of the pool and I was well aware that many people were staring now.

"Katy, I'm taking my break now so can you take my shift?"

"Sure Ethan." She smiled sweetly at him and it wasn't hard to guess that she had the biggest crush on him.

"Put me down Ethan before I get my brother to beat you up!"

"Hush, you're causing a scene."

"You're kidnapping me." He laughed and my heart skipped a beat when I heard his laugh. It made me feel a bit giddy but I don't know why I felt that way.

Ethan leaned over the towel counter, grabbed two towels, wrapped one around him and threw the other on top of me.

"Dry yourself off and stop whining. I don't like whinny girls."

"And I don't like you so put me down right this instant." He paid no attention to me and continued walking. He didn't stop until we were in front of a gray Jeep Cherokee.

"If I put you down...will you run?"

"Yes." I answered truthfully. I regretted saying that as soon as the word left my mouth.

"Then I won't let you go." We stood in the position we were in for a two minutes before I couldn't take it anymore and I promised I wouldn't run. Thing about that is I had my fingers crossed so as soon as he put me down I made a run for it.

But I only got so far with a hot buff lifeguard running after me. What were the odds of me actually escaping? Lifeguards must be trained to run fast so they can go save people faster.

"Got you! Now, let's do this again. I'm going to put you down and you're going to walk with me over there to my car." He pointed over to the Jeep. "You want to know what you're going to do next?"

"No!" I answered stubbornly.

"Next you get inside, close the door, put your seatbelt on and remain patiently until I get in on the other side and-"

"Okay...I get it." He smirked as my remark.

"I'm glad you're catching on. This will teach you to miss a date with me." He ran his right hand through his wet hair. I stared at him for a moment to long because I could see a smile start to form on his face.

"I didn't know it was mandatory to go on a date with you...I even told you I wasn't going." We were now standing in front of the passenger door, he was obviously waiting for me to get in and there was no way I'd get away so I got in.