Chapter 40

Comment/Vote =]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "Alexa Ann Green, you're grounded for life." Mom stomped her foot and turned her gaze to Ethan. "And you know what?!" Ethan held my hand and stood there silently throughout our argument.

"What?" I asked.

"You're not allowed to have a boyfriend, you're not allowed to go out, and you're not allowed to see him." She yelled. "Your father and I just wanted to have a nice vacation and you've ruined it." I ruined it? Me? Was my mom serious? She was getting more and more delusional by the second.  How was I the cause of our vacations failure? Every vacation sucks and this one isn't any different.

"Me? I ruined it?" I raised my voice out of anger. How dare she blame me!

"Yes, you and your brothers."

"I'll think I'll leave you have your talk." Ethan cut in awkwardly. He kissed my cheek and was gone in seconds. 

I walked past my mom, angry. "Where do you think you're going? We're not done here!" My mom yelled after me.

I walked out of the lodge lobby out into the parking lot. "I love how you blame everything on us."

"I do because it's your fault. You're fault we get kicked out of the restaurants, your fault we can't go certain places, especially when you're all put together in one room. It's like you kids all have A.D.D or something."

In the middle of the parking lot my mom and I were having an argument and we didn't keep our voices down either. For once I didn't care if people heard me I just wanted my mom to understand that the reason things didn't go right is not because of me or my brothers. "No, we didn't do anything!"

Mom looked down. She was on the verge of bursting out in tears. "You hurt my feelings." She whispered.

I laughed humorlessly. "Like you didn't hurt mine." I yelled, recalling the things she said to Jordan and me.

Mom wiped her tears before responding. "That's not true. I did nothing to hurt you." Mom shook her head. "I didn't..."

"Oh, yeah? 'I wish I never had kids'?" I quoted her. "You don't think that hurts?" It hurt more than I let myself believe at first.

"I didn't mean that. I would never wish that. You kids and your father are my life. If I didn't care about you guys we wouldn't be on vacation trying to have fun as a family."

"Then why are you acting like this?"

"Like what?!"

"You know what." Out of nowhere my mom started crying. Any cruel even child would gladly leave their mom crying in the middle of the lodge's parking lot except for me. I felt bad enough as it is. I gave hug. "I'm sorry mom."

"No, no, I'm sorry. I been so mean lately and I don't even know why. You're brother is leaving and all I can think about it losing him and soon enough you'll be moving out the house and I just don't know."

"Awww, this is such a cute girly moment." I quickly let go of my mom to turn around. Becca stood there with a couple of other lifeguards. 

"Becca, not now please." I sent her a death glare.

"No I think now is a perfect time. Is she crying because that piece of crap father of yours is checking out ever other babe other than your fat mom?" I wanted to punch her all over again. Her time, her attitude, her very presence pisses me off. Becca Wood is the worst person I know.

My mom started crying even more. "Mom, don't believe her. She's evil." I tried to reassure her but it wasn't working. She only cried more.

"Or is she crying because she's stuck with a daughter like you for the rest of her life?" Becca snapped turned to her friends and they all forced out a laugh. "I know my mom would simply die if she wore the clothes you have on now. Really, Alexa? Purple faded short shorts and a pink tank top is so last year."