Chapter 9.

At night, Zoro and Lynn walked through the house

At night, Zoro and Lynn walked through the house. "I'm going to look for alcohol," Zoro said, looking at his girlfriend. "Okay, I'll look around a bit," Lynn said, walking away from Zoro. But she doesn't get far, Zoro holds her wrist tightly. He pulls her towards him and gives her a kiss. "Now you can go," he said, letting Lynn go. Sue smiles at him, gives him another quick kiss, and then leaves.

As she looks around, Lynn meets Nami. "Nami what are you doing?" she asks. "I'm just taking a few things that we can sell," replies the orange-haired girl. "Okay and -" Lynn started to speak but Nami covered her mouth. Listening to her surroundings as she thought she heard someone walking down the hall before pulling her into the closest room to them and Shutting the door quietly. Nami and Lynn glancing around before the lights were suddenly turned on. "Nami? Lynn? What are you two doing? Is everything okay?" She spoke as she noticed them.

"Oh um we were just trying to find a bathroom. This house is like a maze." Nami spoke up first.
"With a pillow case?" Kaya questioned.
Nami pulled the pillow case from behind her back after trying to hide it to no avail.
"I guess you guys really are pirates." Kaya spoke.
"I hate pirates." Nami spoke. "But I am who I am." She added as she walked over and set the pillow case down on the chair closest to her. "And I won't apologize for that."

"To be honest, I find some of the decor to be gaudy." Kaya spoke. "I'd prefer to donate it to charity."
"I'm not charity." Nami spoke a bit offended.
"No." Kaya spoke. "Of course not. I simply meant what's the point in having so much if you can't share it with others. Like those in need. Family. Friends."
"So we're friends now? You don't even know me." Nami spoke as she walked closer a bit.
Lynn stands quietly and listens to their conversation.
"Well Usopp does and that's a start." Kaya smiled.
Both girls listend to Kaya before taking a seat by the window. Nami glancing at her hands before glancing up at her. "So what do we do now? Have a sleepover and do each others make-up?" She asked.
Kaya chuckled at her sarcasm before coughing as she placed a hand over mouth. Calming herself down.
"Hey, are you okay?" Nami asked.

"Do you need anything?." Lynn offers and is ready to get something.
"Not both of you too." Kaya spoke as she sighed.
"What?" Nami asked.
"Everyone is so careful around me." Kaya explained. "Like one wrong move and I'll break. I don't want your pity."
Nami listened. "Then you won't be getting mine." She spoke.
The room was filled with a temporary silence before the three of them shared a smiled. Like they were just three girls hanging out and it was a nice feeling.

"So.. anyone you like?" Nami asked.

"Isn't it obvious, she and Usopp are together," says Lynn.
"What? Usopp and me? No. No." Kaya spoke but she couldn't help the smile forming at the assumption of them being a couple. "What about you both?" She asked.

"For me? Not really into that kind of stuff but Lynn and Zoro are together. " Nami spoke.
"Really now?" Kaya asked. "How long?"
"We've been together for 6 years," Lynn replies, smiling as she thinks of her beautiful life with Zoro.

"Aawww Then it's about time for the wedding, right?" asked Kaya, smiling. "Oh, we talked about it and at some point we decided that we would get married. We'll wait just a little longer." said Lynn.

"How did you meet Usopp?" Lynn asked and diverted from the topic.

"Oh, he had no one after his mother died, so my parents gave him a job at the shipyard." Kaya recalled how they had met. "He likes to come around from time to time and tell me all about his brave exploits and his grand adventures."
Nami and Lynn listened as she smiled softly hearing them.
"And truth is, they make me feel better." Kaya confessed.

"What happened?.. To your parents I mean.." Nami spoke as she got a bit more comfortable in her seat.
Kaya listened as her mood shifted a bit. Keeping her gaze on them before looking away as she took a small breath. "They um..."
Kaya took a small breath in and out. "They died at sea." She explained.
Nami and Lynn listened as her smile dropped a bit.
"All these years and it still manages to take my breath away." Kaya's eyes grew a bit watery. "I couldn't bring myself to go through their belongings. So i just.. locked up the memories in the East Wing, where their bedroom was."
"I'm sorry." Apologized Nami
"Have either of you lost anyone close to you?" Kaya asked.
"No." Nami spoke as she didn't want to open up to either of them about her past.
Kaya glanced at Lynn "What about you?" She asked.
"My parents died when I was three. I don't really remember them," Lynn replies. Kaya takes her hand and comforts her. 

The three of them talked for a while until they said goodbye to Kaya, wished her goodnight and left. The two went into the kitchen and saw an unconscious Luffy lying on the table.

Lynn and Nami rushing to the Boy. A pot of something blue was now all gone. Both recognized it as what Kaya was eating at dinner. Patting Luffy's cheek lightly to try and wake him up.
"Luffy?"
Nami noticed the pot as she reached out to touch it being curious as to what it could be.
"Don't touch that." Lynn spoke. "Looks like it got poisoned and Luffy ate it all."  She grabbed her hand before hearing Klahadore's voice getting closer. Lynn quickly pulled Nami into a closet to hide.
Holding one of the pots to keep it from making any noice and being caught. Peeking through the door as she spotted Klahadore, Buchi, and Sham.

"What is he doing here?" Klahadore asked as he spotted Luffy on the table being unresponsive.
Buchi grabbed the male's wrist before raising his arm and letting it fall back onto the table.
Sham patted his cheek harshly.

"What is wrong with him?" Klahadore asked.

"Seems like this little guy couldn't get enough of my latest recepie." Buchi spoke with a grin on his face. "I was chasing that perfect balance between bitter and savory." His smile dropping a bit. "I just wish I could've asked him how it tasted."
Sham scoffed a bit. "It tasted like poison, you idiot." She spoke.
"Not while I'm the cook." Buchi replied.
"You're not a cook and I'm not a maid. We are pirates." Sham spoke up as she hated the jobs they had to take on to keep the facade.
"Sell yourself short, Sham but leave my cooking out of-."

"Enough!" Kuro finally spoke over the two bickering with one another. "I can't hear myself think over your inbred nonsense." Watching them grow quiet. "Now then, how much of the soup did he eat?"
"Uh..." Buchi checked the pot. Seeing it empty as he felt proud about his skills. "All of it." He spoke.
"How fortuitous. Go ahead and toss him in well with the green-haired oaf." Kuro spoke.

Lynn listens angrily to all this. There is only one green-haired idiot and that is her green-haired idiot. They will regret to hurt her man, she swore to herself.
"Aye, aye Captain." Buchi spoke as he was ready to get the body to the well.
"And don't you dare track in mud all over my floors again." Sham spoke annoyed at him.
"Says the maid." Buchi retorted back.
Sham gasped. Offended by his words. Helping him with Luffy either way.

 Helping him with Luffy either way