Chapter 15.

Luffy had been stuck in the kitchen as he was almost done with the dishes he had been asigned to him before having a small chat with Zeff about Sanji before Usopp rushed in

"Luffy, we have a problem." Usopp spoke.

Luffy listened before following him back to their ship at the moment.

"Maybe you can convince him to call it off." Nami suggested.

"I won't be doing that." Zoro spoke up.

"Did you see the size of that guy's sword?!" Nami asked. "He will slice you into sashimi."

Zoro continued to clean his sword at the moment as he listened.

"What's going on here?" Luffy asked.

"I'll tell you what's going on." Nami spoke up first. "Your Marine grandpa sent a Warlord of the Sea to bring you in." Nami spoke as she was fuming at the situation. "Instead of getting the hell out of here when he had the chance, Zoro challenged him to a duel."

"Which he accepted." Zoro replied.

"You are a fly to him. Something to be swatted and forgotten." Nami continued.

"Not if I win."

"You're not going to win."
"You don't know that."
"Maybe we need more drinks." Usopp chimed in.
"Tell your first mate he's going to get himself killed."
"Tell your navigator to butt out." Zoro spoke as he had already made up his mind.

Lynn stands quietly by while the two argue. 

"Maybe this isn't such a great idea, Zoro." Luffy quietly chimed in.
"We you met me tied up on that cross, what did I tell you?" Zoro asked.
"What makes you think I want to play pirates with you?"
"No, the other thing."
"I kill your kind for a living?"
"No, come on.." Zoro grunts.
"Oh.." Luffy spoke as he remembered. "That you made a promise to someone a long time ago to be the world's greatest swordsman."

"The only way for me to do that is to beat Mihawk in a duel and claim his title." Zoro spoke up. "I intent to do just that."

"Even if you die in that process?" Nami asked as the room was silent. "Will you please do something?" She asked as she faced Luffy.

"It's his dream Nami. Nothing I can do." Luffy spoke. "I can't get in the way of someone's dreams."

"What is it going to take Zoro? Huh?" Nami asked. "You want me to say you're the best? You're the best, okay?" She spoke as she tried to reason with him. "You're the best I've seen but you are not better than him and if you fight him tomorrow then you will lose."

"Why do you even give a shit?" Zoro asked.

"Because you're my friend, you idiot." Nami raised her voice at him.

"You said it yourself, you don't have any friends." Zoro replied to her as the whole room went silent.

Nami stormed out of the kitchen into her room. Zoro approached his girlfriend. Lynn looked at him. "Why did you do that? You could die!" Lynn starts talking angrily. 
"I can do it" said Zoro. "No, you can't! You are strong, but not nearly strong enough to defeat Mihawk!" Lynn spoke and looked at him angrily. Tears began to form in the corners of her eyes.