First Day of School

Edward's POV:

"Bella, you'll be okay, I promise," I reassured her.

"I know," she was still hiding behind my back. It was her first time attending "an actual" school.

She walked over to the office and got her schedule, "Here." She handed it to me and I scanned it.

"Cool, you've got all your classes with at least one of us each, except gym," I told her. Dear gosh, I'm praying for anyone who has that class with her.

"Okay!" she smiled up at me. I couldn't help but grin, she looked adorable. Wearing a plaid skirt with black leggings, and a red bow in her hair, along with a black tee shirt. She showed me her yearly Pinterest board. Her ideal outfits were all casual and cute in my opinion.

"Here," I mumbled, handing her my jacket.

"I don't need i-"

"I insist," I snapped.

She flinched and slid it on, walking off to her class. I sighed, Great job Eddy boy! Emmett chuckled from behind me.

I flipped him off and walked to calculus.

~

Throughout the day, I checked on Bella from people's minds. Mike Newton got acquainted with her, developing a crush on her. Great. Another risk for someone to steal her from me. I growled internally.

Finally, lunch rolled around, I raced to find her, but she was already at a table with Angela Weber, Jessica Stanley, Eric Yorkie, and of course, Mike Newton.

I stalked over to our usual table, "Ugh," I groaned.

"What's up Edward?" Rose asked curiously.

"He's jealous Mike stole Bella," Jasper chuckled.

Emmett laughed and Alice giggled.

I looked over and listened to how much Mike thought Bella was cute. Jessica said, "Umm, aren't you a little too old for bows Bella?"

Bella turned bright red, and my other sisters glared at her. Angela replied for Bella, "Jess, cool it. Bella can wear whatever she wants."

Thank the Lord for Angela. Bella's face died down and she nodded. Mike spoke up, "I think she looks cute in it," he winked at Bella and she turned ever brighter.

Jessica cursed internally and Angela nodded in agreement with Mike. "So, Bella, why is that you're not sitting with your siblings?" Angela asked.

"Umm, Mike asked if I would sit with him, so I agreed," she mumbled while playing with her fingers.

Jessica glared at her, then at Mike, "That jacket doesn't match your outfit at all, Bella."

Bella turned bright red, "I know."

"So, why wear it?"

"Uhh, it was a last second decision," she replied.

Jessica just nodded and the bell rang, Bella dumped her tray and ran straight to me, "Hi."

"Hello, how are you doing Bella?"

She just played with her fingers and looked down, "I'm okay."

"Is something wrong?" I took her bag and slung it over my shoulder.

"Nope!" she smiled and took out her bow, stopping me to put it in her bag.

Jessica Stanley, I really hate you.

I sighed, "You're beautiful."

"Thanks," she mumbled, looking up at me, "You heard what they said?"

I nodded, and she shrugged, skipping to the biology room. I smiled and followed. I loved this side of Bella, whenever she was happy, she was really bubbly. She was normally like this, but not as, happy seeming.